Why the Brave shows different BAT balance from Uphold wallet?

Briefly describe your issue:
I see in Brave browser, in this url: “brave://rewards/”: “6 BAT”
But when i click to “Withdraw Funds” and I open website Uphold wallet, there is different balance only 0,5 BAT.
I do not understand, where are the 6 BATs?
I do not understand why there is the difference?
How can I get these BATs to Uphold wallet?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
I have Linux Mint 20.1 - Linux 5.4.0-73-generic #82-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Brave browser version: 1.25.68 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 (Oficiální sestavení) (64bitový)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes, it is verified.

What date did you verify your wallet?
I have verified the browser wallet 2 days ago again.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, Czech Republic (20)

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
I have desktop PC witch Linux Mint

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Maybe yes.

@skr123 hi, some screenshots would be useful

Hi, I putted three pictures. There is a different BAT balance in Brave browser and Uphold wallet.

Thank, you.

ok, now go to brave://rewards-internals and share a screenshot of the next info – and only that –

1 Like

Hi,
the url brave://rewards-internals is interesting. The information is:
Brave-info-internal-rewards-04

I see a lot of errors in the next tab “outputs”:
[28. 5. 2021 10:12:46,0 odp.:ERROR:post_suggestions_claim.cc(59)] Invalid request
[28. 5. 2021 10:12:46,0 odp.:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(526)] Failed to parse drain tokens response
[28. 5. 2021 10:12:46,0 odp.:ERROR:wallet.cc(162)] Claiming tokens failed
[28. 5. 2021 10:13:37,9 odp.:ERROR:post_suggestions_claim.cc(59)] Invalid request
[28. 5. 2021 10:13:37,9 odp.:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(526)] Failed to parse drain tokens response
[28. 5. 2021 10:13:37,9 odp.:ERROR:wallet.cc(162)] Claiming tokens failed

Can it be related with my issue?

Thank you. R.

@skr123 as I suspected, it seems that your wallet got “disconnected” from Uphold that’s why you have Bat in your local wallet, you can notice this by comparing the screenshot I shared with you with the one you shared.

I’m not sure how to “solve” this, at the moment the only thing I can think of is to disconnect/reconnect your brave wallet with your Uphold account. the possible outcomes to this could be:

• nothing happens
  • the Bat are successfully sent to your Uphold wallet
  • the Bat are “sent” to your Uphold wallet – but nothing arrives there – this is a known bug that the team is aware of but unfortunately hasn’t been able to solve yet. Bug - fix for bat not porting to uphold

good luck

1 Like

I very thank you for your time.
When i was looking information about my issue, I read that I can try disconnect and connect Brave to Uphold wallet. I did it two day ago.
I tried it again, but nothing happend. As you wrote in first case.

But I’ve probably figured it out.
According to the statement in “rewards-internals”, I reached some limit of the device.

Přihlášeno v Klíč Hodnota
30. 05. 2021 23:26:36 anon_transfer_checked 1
30. 05. 2021 23:26:36 device_limit_reached uphold/7dcd8
30. 05. 2021 23:26:35 anon_transfer_checked 0
30. 05. 2021 23:26:35 wallet_connected uphold/7dcd8
30. 05. 2021 23:20:20 wallet_disconnected uphold/7dcd8

But I do not understand what limit is it?
I found a lot of messages from angry users, who have same problem.
Brave programators know about it, but there is no solution.

I have only 3 devices.
I do not know, what is the forth device?
Anfortunately I can not see any “list of devices”, where I would can delete unused devices. That is very bad.

If I understood correctly, I have no choice.
I can only waiting until I reach 25 BAT then it will happen something, maybe…

maybe you formatted your pc/uninstalled the browser (deleting all the data) and reinstalled it again? or maybe you verified another wallet profile an then delete it?

I don’t think you can delete unused devices and their Uphold connection.

You may be stuck with self-donated BAT to your Brave Creators account for withdrawal, or waiting for the Gemini wallet connection feature to be released.

Yes, I can only waiting, :frowning:

You can unlink a device from your Uphold wallet, but you can never get that device allotment back. Once you have used your four lifetime allotments, you can’t get any new ones. Even if you manage to link a new device, it will never transfer BAT to the Uphold wallet. That is a limitation set by Uphold, not by Brave.

I’m confused now. Until now, I thought the Brave browser did the limitation.
You tell me that brave does not limit device, but it does Uphold?
So should I write to Uphold support or not?
I do not understand now.

Yes, it’s Uphold, not Brave, that limits you to four devices per lifetime. You could write to Uphold support, but so far they haven’t listened to anyone else who has complained about this limitation.

I apologize, that I write again. But I do not understand, why Brave write on their web site:

----cut—
There is this: “At this time, the maximum number of Brave Rewards wallet instances you may verify or link to an Uphold account (or other custodian account) account is 4.”
----cut—

There is even in the parenthesis that it may be another “custodian account”.

From this page, it looks like the restriction is doing Brave?
Where I can found that the limitation do the Uphlod?

And Brave write, that they work on solution:
—cut—
What can I do about this?
We are working on improved slot management tools made available in the future for users with multiple devices, or who’ve lost access to a device for reasons outside of their control.
—cut—

It may be on Brave’s page, but it is there for information. It is still Uphold that made the limitation. It may not state that on the page, but it has been stated by Brave staff many times in various threads here in the community.

The solution that Brave is working on is another wallet option that we can use instead of Uphold.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.