Why no ads this month?

I’ve read through all the information on your website that I can find on this. I triple checked my settings. I got a fair number of ads last month. This month I have gotten hardly any, and none with the last few days. I have my settings at 10 per hour, region set to Florida. Are there just fewer ads, or is something else going on?

3 Likes

i do agree ,their is something wrong happening on brave side ,very low ads this months ,and today not a single new tabe ads or pushup notification ad

2 Likes

I am getting a very low ad count today too. Way less pop up ads during browsing. I got 3 all day. And that was on two devices.

2 Likes

Always depends on a lot of factors. I know I have 18 ads for today. I’ve had my desktop on nearly all day as well. I’m in Florida As for yesterday, seems I had 47 ads.

I’d suggest you not have it to Florida but instead set it for auto-detect. At least is what I use.

Literally none? Like if you go to brave://rewards and then click on 30-day Ads History it shows nothing for the past few days?

According to the Ads history page, there are 3-4 ads per day. However, I am not seeing them in reality. Is it possible I accidentally clicked on something that is blocking them? If so, what, and how do I fix it?

| Saoiray Community Ninja
September 13 |

• | - |

Always depends on a lot of factors. I know I have 18 ads for today. I’ve had my desktop on nearly all day as well. I’m in Florida As for yesterday, seems I had 47 ads.

ProFlex:

region set to Florida.

I’d suggest you not have it to Florida but instead set it for auto-detect. At least is what I use.

ProFlex:

none with the last few days.

Literally none? Like if you go to brave://rewards and then click on 30-day Ads History it shows nothing for the past few days?

Well, if it’s showing a history of it and you’re getting BAT, then at least that is telling us your account likely hasn’t been flagged. That’s why I was asking you about whether you see anything in your history. If literally was none, then chances are you’ve been flagged and if you tried to link to Uphold or Gemini, it would tell you as much. It’s still a possibility, but a lot less likely.

It’s possible, such as if you ever blocked categories in the 30-day Ads History. Also lot of it is going to be based on your settings, what you’re doing on your device, if you’re using a vpn/proxy, etc.

I know you mentioned triple checking your settings, but I’m not sure what you checked or where?

Inline image

Did those 3 images come through? Am I missing anything?

September 14 |

• | - |

ProFlex:

According to the Ads history page, there are 3-4 ads per day

Well, if it’s showing a history of it and you’re getting BAT, then at least that is telling us your account likely hasn’t been flagged. That’s why I was asking you about whether you see anything in your history. If literally was none, then chances are you’ve been flagged and if you tried to link to Uphold or Gemini, it would tell you as much. It’s still a possibility, but a lot less likely.

ProFlex:

Is it possible I accidentally clicked on something that is blocking them?

It’s possible, such as if you ever blocked categories in the 30-day Ads History. Also lot of it is going to be based on your settings, what you’re doing on your device, if you’re using a vpn/proxy, etc.

I know you mentioned triple checking your settings, but I’m not sure what you checked or where?

@ProFlex Ah, ok. So when you talked about settings, you only meant about settings within Brave and not within Windows or anything?

Otherwise, always things making sure you have Focus Assist completely off, including any automatic settings.

Then, for what it’s worth, my personal settings for Notifications is as follows (I’ll show step by step. I’m on Windows 10 btw)

(Screen by clicking very bottom right where Windows notifications show)

Then find and click on Brave (not the toggle, though you want to make sure toggle is set to On)

And then just have settings as below. The purpose is it makes sure notifications show, but it doesn’t annoy the heck out of you by popping up on your screen or dinging every time. In a sense, you’ll never even see an ad unless you open the Notification Center, kind of like you saw in my first screenshot in the step by step portion here. (where I did yellow and blue arrows. Below that was two ads from Brave)

On the last setting, Brave was set to off. I changed it to on. We’ll see it that does the trick. Thanks!

September 15 |

• | - |

Otherwise, always things making sure you have Focus Assist completely off, including any automatic settings.

Then, for what it’s worth, my personal settings for Notifications is as follows (I’ll show step by step. I’m on Windows 10 btw)

(Screen by clicking very bottom right where Windows notifications show)

Then find and click on Brave (not the toggle, though you want to make sure toggle is set to On)

And then just have settings as below. The purpose is it makes sure notifications show, but it doesn’t annoy the heck out of you by popping up on your screen or dinging every time. In a sense, you’ll never even see an ad unless you open the Notification Center, kind of like you saw in my first screenshot in the step by step portion here. (where I did yellow and blue arrows. Below that was two ads from Brave)

Ok, yeah. That means you weren’t allowing Push Notifications. So the only ads you would have been getting credit for would have been NTP basically. That would have definitely limited what you could earn as the majority of ads are Push Notification.

Since the beginning of september I’m also receiving far less ads than normal. 3-4 day maximum. It could be something related to my region, but it’s disappointing to see all these fluctuations.

1 Like

very less ads coming
sometimes 1 push up notification comes ,yesterday no push up ads

and how you guys are able to see option to set regional ad relevance ,i see no such options ??
using lastest version

The behaviour of new tab ads is also baffling. In theory, now they appear only after at least 15 minutes have passed from the last one. Today I haven’t seen one in four hours, while on my wife’s PC, she got at least five in the same period. We’ve the same settings on both PC.

1 Like

@MSxyz and @mkumar and whoever else, please create a new Topic. The conversation is now going off-topic compared to OP.

In fact, @ProFlex I know it hasn’t been long but have you noticed a difference yet? If so, mind hitting Solution on one of the posts?

Thank you! It seems to be fixed now. It was the Windows setting that was causing the issue. It’s interesting because I think I accidentally clicked on a dialog that Windows popped up asking if I want to block these. I did not actually go to this setting and block it manually.
Anyway, thanks!

1 Like