WHY is the BRAVE exe file have a VIRUS?

WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF IT?? EVERYTIME I turn on the PC and get BRAVE this virus msg appears and quarantines it?!!

How do you attach files in here??? you can’t??? really???

i made a printscreen of the threat …but i can’t put in here???

Do i need to reinstall BRAVE or ???

Untitled

DOES THAT MEAN IT WAS BRAVE OR SOMETHING ELSE? MAYBE I DON’T KNOW HOW TO READ THIS? tHANKS FOR THE TIP HOW TO UPLOAD…

Avast doesn’t detect Brave as a virus. Avast’s “Web Shield” module detects the URL from the screenshot as a malicious website and blocks the connection.

Ran the URL from the screenshot through a VirusTotal check:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/0da6520bf5d958621c2a5b2626d71ab7d656824dd4745717718b9e6336acda82/detection

1 Like

Just saying please don’t use Avast. Avast has been caught selling users data a lot of times. Instead of Avast use Malwarebytes (Free), Bitdefender (Paid), ESET NOD32 (Paid).

@Rethanis,
Excellent support.
@bravo2,
There is absolutely nothing to worry about. Brave is not a virus nor is there one “in” Brave. What @Rethanis said is true here and you do not need to uninstall or worry about this. Additionally, I understand the fear, but please go easy on the caps lock when posting on the site :slight_smile:

Lastly, you can use the file upload button @Rethanis mentions to attach images, but you can also simply copy/paste an image directly into the editor.

1 Like

thanks. We have Malware also…but i don’t think it is protects as many platforms? at the same time? does it?

What you mean we have ‘‘Malware’’. You mean Malwarebytes?? And yes it can protect more than one device but if I know good you got to pay for it. If you would like to spend money on a Antivirus I recommend Bitdefender, SOPHOS Home . You can choose. One is built for extreme security and is aggressive to viruses (Bitdefender). The only problem with Bitdefender is that Bitdefender is just as aggressive on ransomware as it is on malware. It blocks access to any infected URLS right away. This is where the Safe Files features comes in—it only allows the most trusted apps and software to even come close to your files. SOPHOS Home is a fast antivirus and you can control and see all your devices on the website if you logged in with your account. And SOPHOS Home even has parental website filtering.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.