Why is my account still not yet verified, I've been waiting for 5 days

I added my Youtube channel and verified uphold account 5 days ago on brave publisher website. I was informed that it would take 24 ~ 48 hours to get updated. However, I’ve been waiting for 5 days now, still no sign of getting verified.

Hi, can you link your channel here for us? Thanks. There are several possible reasons, and I am currently investigating some hypotheses.

You are showing up as verified for me:

Please try to view your verification status from an individual video. That should work, assuming no other issues.

The problem right now for you is that the URL you are viewing your channel through is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEx8txtvVzvyg6IFmRewPEA?view_as=subscriber, which contains ?view_as=subscriber at the end. This is a known bug which makes it so that verification status does not appear when ?view_as=subscriber is added to the end of the URL. If you remove that from the end of the URL, it should work.

When you view your verification status from an individual video rather than your channel page, it will never have ?view_as=subscriber, so you will never encounter this problem.

The fix for the ?view_as=subscriber bug has been fixed and will be released in an upcoming version of Brave.

Thanks!

Thank you chriscat, but it still shows as not yet verified for me even if I view it from an individual video or removed the veiw_as=subscriber .

Besides, my friend sent me a BAT tip couple days ago, if it was verified, I should have received it from the Uphold account, but it turns out as the opposite, I have never received any BAT.

Looks like you’re running into a different issue, then :(. This is a common issue, so let’s try these steps first:

1. Can you try restarting your browser?
  2. Can you try opening the tipping panel again from an individual video, and then leaving it there for 2-5 minutes without touching it? See if it detects the channel after 5 mins.

if it was verified, I should have received it from the Uphold account, but it turns out as the opposite, I have never received any BAT.

If from the user’s perspective (browser-side) your channel was unverified at the time of tipping, then the tip would be set aside and it will try to send the tip again at a later date, so that might explain this. They will see the “You have designated x amount of BAT to unverified publishers…” in brave://rewards for the amount that has been set aside.

And to help clarify: you would have received it in your publisher dashboard (publishers.basicattentiontoken.org), but not necessarily your Uphold account just yet. The BAT from your publisher dashboard (from 1st of the previous month to the 1st of the current month) is deposited into your Uphold account on the 8th of the current month.

I have a similar problem.

I have my Youtube channel on a publisher page added (it seems that I made all necessary step for that), but when someone tries to send BAT to that channel, it is said that the channel is not verified.

And also I don’t see the tipped BAT balance at the right side of the channel bar.
Moreover, despite I have 9 downloads of Brave browser from the referral link of the channel, I don’t see the BAT rewards for those downloads too.

I would appreciate if someone could clarify that.

I have my Youtube channel on a publisher page added (it seems that I made all necessary step for that), but when someone tries to send BAT to that channel, it is said that the channel is not verified.

Are you able to link your YouTube channel? Thanks!

Keep in mind that the verification status is a matter of each person’s individual browser. So some users will see it verified, others not, at least within a 24-48h window from the time you verified. Each person’s browser is supposed to sync up/detect new channels every 24h-48h (everyone’s browser is on a different timer, of course), but this process has been error-prone and we are working on making it more robust.

In the meantime, I am trying my best to diagnose what the issue is, and you can find some possible remedies above and in other comments of mine here on the forum.

I have 9 downloads of Brave browser from the referral link of the channel, I don’t see the BAT rewards for those downloads too.

Keep in mind that you only get paid out for confirmations, not for downloads. Confirmations = users who’ve used the browser at least minimally over the course of 30 days. For example, if someone downloaded the browser but then deleted it after a week, then you will not receive BAT rewards for that referral.

Hi, chriscat, I’ve tried those steps you provided, still not working. Also, I don’t find BAT balance information from my publisher dashboard, it only shows pending payouts BAT balance ( 0.00 BAT for now).

I have asked my friends to check if they can see my account has been verified, but the answers are no.

Thanks. Since those two solutions failed, the next requires more involvement from your part (which is why I leave it last). If you are up for it, here are the instructions:

1. Find your brave-browser folder. PC: this will be under app data/local/... On Mac, this is under library/application support/braveSoftware/brave-browser.
  2. Inside that folder, find the folder /default.
  3. Inside it, find the file publisher_list. If you do not see it (on Windows), click into another folder first (usually your user profile). Keep looking until you find publisher_list.
  4. Once you find publisher_list, please note the date created and date modified times. (You can take a screenshot, copy it down, etc.) If you can report that to me, that would be great. (You can find this information if you right click and get more info/properties on the file.)
  5. Open the file itself in a text editor (like notepad). And then do a find (CTRL + F or CMD + F) for UCEx8txtvVzvyg6IFmRewPEA. @aso, this is your YouTube channel’s unique ID.

In my publisher_list, you are there. I find a match for UCEx8txtvVzvyg6IFmRewPEA. Maybe your publisher_list doesn’t have it. Let me know!

We are working to make this process a lot more robust, as these issues are extremely common. The urgency has been noted. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you chriscat, but I don’t see braveSoftware under the Library/Application Support/ dir, Could you help me to explain that?

Hi Aso, are you on Linux, Mac or PC? That might help :slight_smile:

I am on Mac, so it’s a little hard for me to imagine what’s going on if you’re not also on a Mac ;).

Here’s a screenshot from under my Application Support folder.

I also reached this directory from the command line/terminal, just so you have a big picture view of the path:

/Users/chriscat/library/Application Support/bravesoftware/brave-browser

Hi chriscat, it’s getting weird now. Actually, I can find my unique ID in the publisher_list file. But my channel page or video page still viewed as not yet verified.

1 Like

@aso Thanks. That was my worst fear, and I unfortunately am not sure how to help you beyond this point for the time being :(. Usually, removing ?view_as=subscriber, waiting 5 mins on the tipping panel, restarting your browser, etc. fixes the situation, assuming the ID exists inside the publisher_list.

However, keep checking your channel again, and please keep me updated! For some reason, when you open up the publisher_list file and look around in it like you have, it sometimes begins magically working! (It’s like the browser knows you’re watching it.) This happened for me in the past and a few other users, but it is largely hit-or-miss.

I will forward this onto the engineers. Thank you for being so cooperative and intelligent throughout this whole process, and I apologize for the issues you’re encountering.

We’re working hard to resolve this. But on the bright side, at least you show up as verified on my browser!

Thanks, chriscat,

here is the link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSFevtRWxs9FjthIDegTg5g

@CryptoHamster You personally show up as verified for me:

You can follow this whole thread and see if any of the proposed solutions work for you. I essentially went through every known solution, so I don’t have much more to offer beyond for that for the moment!

Thank you, chriscat!

In fact, I tried to send BAT to myself and it worked! The only thing that looks a bit weird is that on my tipping page it is still written " You’ve designated 40 BAT for creators who haven’t yet signed up to receive contributions. Your browser will keep trying to contribute until they verify, or until 90 days have passed." I have a feeling that it was there even before I tried to make a tip. So, I guess, it is just a little bug or something.

And the thing that made me also think that I didn’t receive tips is that I don’t see that contribution to the right of the channel reference, like here (in this tutorial video):

I guess, it was changed and now it is reflected in the main balance, but I thought that before it was sort of neat to see the tipped amount separated from the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/user/85guarico

The channel of my brother in law has not verified yet and he did like a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/user/85guarico

The channel of my brother in law has not verified yet and he did like a week ago.

Please try running through all the possible solutions mentioned in this thread. If none of them work, the last resort is to reinstall your browser and remove all profile data upon uninstallation. Otherwise, the only solution is to wait for a future release or for the browser to get into the right state.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.