Why is Brave shields blocking a GET request to my back end api 'events' endpoint?

Description of the issue:
I have a website that has a front end that makes api requests for data on a separate back end. Most of those requests work fine, however it is blocking the request to get a list of upcoming events filtered by certain parameters: https://ista-run-prod-yd6g3et6sa-ew.a.run.app/events/?page=1&time=finished&training=1&hideCancelled=true&search=

Can you explain why that particular request is blocked by the shield so I can find a way to make it work, either that or change your filters?

Thanks

(FYI if you are landing on the website now with the shield turned on it tries to refresh the page and proxy through the front end server if the request fails, but then the proxy gets turned off when other requests succeed, causing it to go into a loop. I can work around these issues and give it a more graceful way to fail and use the proxy, however I want to avoid using the proxy as much as possible as it increases loading time of the data.)

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
no

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
yes

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.65.126 Chromium: 124.0.6367.118 (Official Build) (arm64)

Event logging is still tracking the user so there is privacy issues here. Its blocked in Easyprivacy;

Ok
This endpoint is not tracking user events. It is getting a list of upcoming events that we are hosting that the user might want to attend. It is the main purpose of the website. “events” feels like the most appropriate name for this endpoint. Is there no way around this?

I’ll see what I can do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.