Why i'm flagged since more than 6 months?

Briefly describe your issue:

I don’t why but i’m flagged since more than 6 months. I use Brave each day during my job and personal time, principally on my Mac. But overnight my account got flagged for some reason…

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Version 1.43.89 Chromium: 105.0.5195.102 (Build officiel) (x86_64)(https://brave.com/latest/)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

No because i’m flagged, but before that yes and linked to Uphold.

What date did you verify your wallet?

I don’t know, since i have the required amount on my wallet.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Sometimes, for my work.

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes.

Thanks for help.

You using VPN sometimes could be a reason why it has been flagged.

1 Like

Alright, and there’s nothing we can do about that?

As far as I know flagging and unflagging is pretty much automatically done by bots (not sure though). It keeps checking when the flag can be removed every once in a while. You can raise a ticket though →

DO NOTE : It could take a while till they get back to you since they’re having a load of tickets during the weekend which is a off for them.

1 Like

did you use a vpn, that will flag you account I just found out. If not try writing a ticket to support.

1 Like

@Egaun The flagged notification can happen for a variety of reasons. I’ll copy/paste some from my FAQ made earlier this year at PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

Any violation of Brave’s Terms can result in your account being flagged. You can find their Terms of Service for Brave Rewards at https://basicattentiontoken.org/user-terms-of-service/

Some quick examples of things that often result in flagged accounts can be:

• Using a VPN, Proxy Server, or other such thing to hide or fake your location. This is because it can be seen as you trying to bypass ad restrictions. Remember, advertisers pay so content is shown to specific regions. When you appear to be in a region you’re not, it is taking advantage of the system to see ads and receive BAT you shouldn’t be getting.
  • Modifying folders. There are some things you’re encouraged to do but some people do dig deep and try modifying folders that affect your encryption key OR where Users think they can fool the system into thinking they’ve seen more ads or have more BAT in their browser than they really do. Whether intentional or accidental, messing with the wrong things will get your account flagged.
  • Your setup sends mixed information to Brave. For example, maybe you’re in the United States. Your IP address shows you in California, your language is English-IN, and your time zone is correct. This will tell Brave you should see ads from India but then it sees that you’re actually in California. At this point it will think you’re trying to trick the system to see more ads and might flag you. If nothing else, it can result in you not getting BAT for ads that you do see.
  • Cloning your browser. Some people have learned how to do unofficial backup & restore and have the “great idea” that they can make multiple copies of the same browser on different devices and then Verify them with a custodial wallet like Uphold or Gemini. The system recognizes this and will flag the account and prevent anything from happening. Of course, even if unintentional, creating two exact copies of the browser and encryption key will be seen as attempting to do this and will flag you. So never have two identical copies of the browser running.
  • Uphold or Gemini identifies your account as fraudulent and/or there’s a violation of laws.
  • Any other type of suspicious activity is recognized by the system or Brave staff.

That said, nothing is perfect and the system will make mistakes. If you do end up flagged and know you didn’t do anything wrong, then you’ll need to submit a Support Ticket

Ideally the system is supposed to review things and eventually remove your flag, which is why the notice tells you nothing more needs to be done and it will eventually remove it. However, at this point, Users have been saying it never removes the flag. This has been brought to the attention of Jimmy Secretan and others at Brave who said they would be working to improve that. In the meanwhile, support tickets are pretty much the only hope of getting it brought to Brave’s attention and having them consider removing the flag.