Why I am considering ditching Brave

I love Braves home screen (once I removed the crud I did not want) and I love the clean pages with no adverts but the repetitive problems are now becoming worse than the problems it has fixed. Please tell me how to fix these issues. I am running Windows7 ultimate and avast antivirus.

Description of the issues: in no particular order

#1 New tab produces the same list of popular sites even tho I have removed two sites in particular at least 20 times. How do I permanently delete these no longer popular sites.

#2 Every time I log on to certain sites that I use multiple time per day I must put in my user name and password (using the popup) and then click “remember me for this site”. Next time I go to the same site I have to do it all over again. This does not apply to all log on sites I visit.
How do I make brave permanently remember these sites.

#3 Every time I try to log on to Brave support I get the following error message bravesoftware.zendesk.com refused to connect.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. every time I open a new tab it happens
  2. every time I open any of a dozen sites that I visit routinely
  3. every time I try to log on to support

Expected result:
1 that popular sites that I delete from desktop remain deleted
2 That passworded sites are accessible with one click after I have selected remember me for this site
3 That the Brave support site connects and does not show bravesoftware.zendesk.com refused to connect when I try to log on

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.16.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

I thought it was just me since I have nothing but problems with this browser. I too have to keep putting in my info, and my Google Auth code too, although I haven’t closed Brave not have I cleared cache. This happens almost every time I go back to my already opened Amazon acct. I don’t have this problem with Vivaldi, but I just figured since my Brave is geeked already, it’s probably just me and my luck.

Did you really ditch Brave?
This browser generates more problems than it solves.

I ditched it for about 60% of sites - some sites I visit daily are just so loaded with advertising that I keep it for them.
Use Firefox for the rest

1 Like

@Just_Me,

First, can you please go to Settings --> About Brave and update to the latest browser version if you haven’t already (v1.17.73)?

I’ll dig into the top-sites issue, as I know we are working on fixing many of these presently. As for the others:

:point_up: You may want to open your Shields panel for these sites and set the Cookies option to Allow all. Additionally, you may need to check the Auto Sign-in option in Settings --> Advanced --> Autofill --> Passwords:

This is quite strange – can I ask where and for what reason you’re trying to login?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.