Why does whitelisting option to 'allow ads' also allow 'tracking'?

I wanted to whitelist a website, but when I looked at the options there was only “Allow ads and tracking.”

Is there no option to just “allow ads” (but not tracking)?

Hi @mk7z,

So here’s the answer that I got from the team.

The reason we have “ads and trackers” together as one item is because usually ads ARE trackers / contain trackers. It’s not possible to separate it out in some cases.

The team also considering about changing the label or give more information about that to educate users.

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

OK, thanks.

BTW, why is there a 20-char. minimum in the editor?

Is ‘liking’ the preferred ‘short’ reply (instead of “OK, thanks”)?

1 Like

That’s from Discource (the platform that used for this Community forum). AFAIK the minimum post length is configurable, but it defaults to 20.

Whichever that you prefer. I used both. :smiley:
And with :heart: at least I know you already saw it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, however, ‘liking’ and ‘thanking’ are different. :slight_smile:

(I assume you meant the team has to configure it – i.e., it’s not under ‘user’ control.)

That is correct. It’s to ensure that users write/report at least one full sentence. A post titled “Browser crashing” which reads: “Why?” isn’t super useful.

:heart: is there to avoid repetitive messages that may clog a thread. So to answer your question, yes, likes > “thanks”. But that shouldn’t deter you from further expressing you’re appreciation!
Did you like something someone said? Was it helpful for you or well written? Click it!
More on hearts here: What are “Likes”? - faq - Discourse Meta