STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE PROB LEM
- Using Brave Search, search for “who investigates causes of fires”
- Find the search result entitled: “How Fires Are Investigated,” from lieffcabraser.com.
Please refer to image below for clarification.
- Right-clock on this link, select “Copy LInk Address.”
- Paste the link into notepad/text editor. NOte that url is
- IN A separate browser Window, surf to the url saved in step 1, without clicking on the link in the search results. Observe the page and its url this brings up.
- IN the Brave Browser window with the search results, click on the item for which the url was saved in step 1.
- NOte that a different page comes up from the one corresponding to the url saved in step 1.
Repeat the prrocess, skipping steps 3-6.
On my side, no problem; I get the same page. I also checked URL with Kaspersky Security.
Please give the url of the different page that the copied url brings.
Try doing the same but in a private windows.
Try . . .
Make note of any experiments/flags that you have experimented with; then click the
Reset all button.
You might be prompted to Restart Brave Browser.
brave://flags and search for
Enable De-AMP and select Disable
brave://net-internals/#dns and click on
Clear host cache
Next, go to:
brave://net-internals/#sockets and click on both (in succession):
Close idle sockets
Flush socket pools
Exit/Quit everything and restart your computer.
Notes re what are:
With pooling, instead of closing a connection after it is used, we can keep it idle while it waits to handle another request. This saves the resources required to create a new connection.
I did follow your steps that you outlined.
- Brave Browser for Mac, v1.40.105
- New Private Window(s) on the Mac
- Brave Browser for iOS, v1.39.1 (22.214.171.124)
- Private Browsing Only on iOS
by various methods, all attempts are redirected to:
So my guess was and still is, that:
The website’s determination to redirect, is probably the source of the issue.
I next used the website’s built-in Search engine feature (a Search box field) and for criteria:
I still don’t understand why a redirect away from the target page was occurring only when navigating to it by clicking on a link in Brave search. It must have been caused by something in brave browser intercepting the click event and redirecting to a different url. I suppose it is possible the target page could redirect to a different page only if the referrer field in the http header contained a reference to brave search, but I think the redirect was taking the browser away from the target berore the browser reached the target. I could have checked that, but now the phenomenon is no longer occurring.