Why do you use Brave?

Trying to be open minded here…
Is brave better than opera? It’s apparently impossible for me to receive BAT, after several months I still have zero BAT, so I’ve been thinking about letting brave go… .
Plus, I’ve really been liking Opera…

1 Like

@Americanjoshua Dude,
Does Opera have Reward?
Does Opera Block Ads, cookies, Trackers ?
Than it would better place for you to return
Opera, unfortunately till now they don’t
have any of them. :eyes:

1 Like

I was super excited for BAT. Even if I only get a few $$ worth a month that I could trade for one of the tokens I’m hodl. After months I still have gotten 0 BAT. The first month it at least accumulated. Now it just sits at 0. Max ads and I have then appear whether I’m using brave or not. I’m so disappointed about that, its the main reason I have this thought. I’m in support today just to BUMP my request for help lol.
I just read through a page on the difference between the2 browsers and it said brave wins on security issue but opera was right behind it.
I love how brave won’t give any of my info away. That’s awesome. I like em both and I’m constantly back and forth between them. If BAT worked, there wouldn’t even be a question…
Thanks.

1 Like

I have used alot of browsers but nothing is better than mozilla or brave.

What it Opera offers in security it lacks in the privacy department. This browser also suffers from the lack of security add-ons which could make the situation a bit better. I would say that Brave is a better option than Opera.

There are others to consider though:

Tor Browser
Waterfox
Palemoon
SeaMonkey
IceCat

To name just a few

Tor is king of privacy and brave also support tor like privacy.

I believe I would continue to use it, but of course I will always keep an eye out for better options. If the rewards system was removed, let’s say today, I would continue to use it.

Hmmmm I think my mind lumped security and privacy into the same boat, so I thought opera was higher privacy than it is. I’m so sick and tired of data privacy s***. Especially after Facebook and 2016. How I despise Facebook, I bet they have a ton of data on me and the only accounts ive made are burners needed from time to time for a game. I won’t even do that anymore. Mark Zuckerberg is Sofa King evil. Greedy. Scum.
I’m gonna try to only use Brave unless…public transit gotta be chrome. Can’t beat Google and their maps lol. Look how quick Apple caved hahaha

Why use Brave? Well, there’s two sides:

Go Brave:
Brave has privacy features and gives rewards. Also, there is Tor, which is very private. (A lesser known thing is that if you use google, private window is not private. And (from here):

Almost every browser has its own version of Chrome’s well-known “Incognito mode”, like Brave’s Private Browsing. Most users assume that when you open a private tab, your actions are hidden from the world. Unfortunately, for most browsers that isn’t the case.

No Brave:
Brave has bugs (most annoyingly Brave rewards) and you can use VPN+UBlock Origin/whatever privacy blocker. And Tor is slooooooooow,

Conclusion:
All in all, I’d say Brave is nice. Brave is safe enough (and you can earn BAT) and contains Tor windows (hides IP). Google tracks you, and extensions can help with that, but you can’t change what Google does (extensions can’t control everything). Yes, Google has fewer bugs (or shall I say, no bugs), but it comes with the trade-off with privacy. Privacy or a slight convenience? It’s your choice

2 Likes

I stored my 24 words key, but now I need to recovery into another computer but when i enter into “brave rewards” icon → “manage your wallet” (gear icon) → Restore
and paste my 24 words, the system came back with message:
“Please re-enter keys or try different keys.”

I don’t have different keys… just those 24 that I saved when I create the reward wallet.

What am i doing wrong?

i started using Brave few day ago. migrated all my “stuff” from Chrome - very easy transition.
i was curious about BAT rewards - but the need for Uphold account push me away from that feature.
what really surprised me in Brave is the Shields functionality - so much better than all that pesky adblock extensions in Chrome, really amazing!
apart from few features (like auto translation and windows tasks) that i miss from Chrome - the experience is great!

@iGORR
Dude,
Anyone will not let you to do financial stuff anonymously, be it Bank or Wallet, there is always a concern about genuineness, so we user have to follow rules and regulations… :crossed_fingers:

@Pace so you’re admitting to using Brave just to collect BAT.

I guess you don’t care about the other things Brave is trying to do, like make it fair for the publishers, advertisers and consumers by decentralizing it and making it safer for the consumer. No ad tracking, no scams, and no privacy comprimised.

Open up a new tab. Tell us how many trackers and ads have been blocked. How much bandwidth you saved and the time you saved in the process. It’s all right there.

If you want to view ads and don’t care about your privacym have your data collected, want to wait for sites to load slower just for ads and not receive anything in return then go right ahead and use Chrome, Firefox and or any other browser.

You’re not being closed minded. You’re being self-entitled and greedy. The mentality of “What’s in it for me?”

1 Like

As far as I guess the issue with BAT would be and should be resolved.( afterall the developers won’t want to ruin the companies future by faking such offers. And anyways brave is much better than any browser you might have come across. That reason is enough to justify this browsers worth ( for multiple reasons ). Keep using it, let’s hope the problem is resolved soon :blush:

well, i am not against rules and regulations… i just read some negative reviews on Uphold so i hesitate to open account there…

It always make me wonder what type of person writes these types of messages. What is it within you that makes you simply want top attack another person for their views? I can only assume you have some sort of inadequate feeling about yourself that result in you vomiting your single minded ideology onto others.

If we were to break down your argument we would untimely see how child like it really is.

I guess you don’t care about the other things Brave is trying to do, like make it fair for the publishers, advertisers and consumers by decentralizing it and making it safer for the consumer. No ad tracking, no scams, and no privacy comprimised.

Your guess would be wrong, if you’ve read my responses to others you would see that I actually really like brave for what it is doing. However, I only use Brave so that I would be able to give BAT to content creators. Without this it is of little use to me, as there are actually many privacy browsers that do that job extremely well.

Lets keep this relevant to your comment though. Even if I did decide to use Brave simply for collecting BAT, would this mean I’m a closed minded person? Well actually no it wouldn’t, My choice of browser has absolutely no reflection on the type of person I am. But your point was that I am self entitled and greedy.

Yes I can say that sometimes I am self entitled and also greedy, these are things that I know about myself, but these have nothing to do with my desire to collect BAT. We are all self entitled and greedy, that’s what it is be be human, its part of the human psychology.

So lets get to the real understanding of the issue here.

Brave is an ok browser when it comes privacy and security, there are other browsers out there that are also very good, you can read my comments on the other post if you wish to know what they are.

Brave has a issue with regards to its offer of collecting BAT.
First you cannot backup your BAT unless you have at least 25BAT in your wallet. To collect 25BAT is certainly going to take more than 1 year, so this is by no means a way to make money. Being the self-entitled greedy person I am, I understand that this is simply not a way to peruse my self-entitled greedy ways.

If it takes more than a year to collect 25 BAT, and there is no way to backup your wallet, then the only logical conclusion is that each person who collects BAT will undoubtedly have to loose it due either to system failure, software upgrades, viruses, dropping your macha latte over your keyboard, or simply due to your rigorous online relationships with your digital companion. I’m not judging you, whatever floats your boat.

1 Like

Hey Pace,

First and foremost my response was in reaction to your original post and it clearly didn’t show/explain everything you just mentioned in your reply. Apologies for not reading through all the comments and replies you have made.

Yes, my response was an “attack” but a well meaning “attack” I’d refrain from using the term attack as I am pointing out that I have read a lot of people attacking the platform for not being perfect. They have issues on their backend that they say they are trying to fix. I don’t think it’s personal and that Brave is trying to “fool” it’s users. It’s just growing pains. Feel free to agree or disagree.

As for the wallet issue Brave is trying to address this with working with other Wallets. Uphold was the first to partner with but it will not be the last. It takes time for young companies to grow and adapt. So this is something you’ll need to ask yourself whether you want to wait or just move on and use another free browser.

I’m glad you like Brave and yes you’re entitled to your own opinion as am I.

Anywho, I do apologize. I do mean it by the way. Unfortunately, I do see a few posts every now and then that focus too much on the BAT. I understand it’s important in the growth of this platform but to me these are backend issues that the devs are currently trying to fix and make better. Wallets, search features, porting over to other platforms such as gaming, and maybe even other browsers like Firefox and Chrome these are all something we hope will happen in the future. Consider Brave now version 1.0 and when it reaches to version say 5.0 it’ll be more solid, advanced and evolved.

Cheers~

2 Likes

Hey LiquidSpin,

No worries at all, I completely understand your point of view, and like you I kinda get tired of people simply attacking things, which is why I try to inject just a little humor into my responses :wink:

I still think Brave is a great browser, it has some teething issues, but what software doesn’t. I don’t think Brave is trying to mislead its users, they have a lot of work to do and it takes time, but at least they are on the right track.

I appreciate your response and thank you for taking the time to clarify your point.

Thanks again and have a super day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pace, glad we can sort things out and understand one another :slight_smile: The future looks bright for the internet if decentralized advertising works out and is widely adopted. We can gain control away from Google, Amazon and Facebook. Even if it seems light years away.

Hope you have a great day as well~ :grinning: :raised_hands:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.