Why do ads keep playing on youtube !?

for the past 8 months using brave browser my ads on you tube were blocked now they play not once but multiple times in a row for every single video i watch. Please help block them again. I dont understand why this is happening?

thanks
vlad

2 Likes

Which platform are you on @vladbojcev ?

2 Likes

i use youtube.com on the brave browser

@vladbojcev can you provide more information about your issue?

1 Like

i open YouTube, i click on a video , the video starts with an Ad. The ad is sometimes 10 seconds sometimes 20 sometimes 30 sometimes 60seconds and it does not let me skip at all unless i refresh the page then the video starts without an advertisement. Sometimes i have to refresh the page 3 or 5 times in order for it to start playing without an advertisement. However i used to open youtube back 2 or 4 months ago and when i did open youtube the videos i clicked started with no advertisements but i did not change any settings on the BRAVE SHIELD on the top of the page somehow on its own it started showing advertisements to me now. there anything else i should write to be more clear?

Please let me know. Thank you sir.

i open YouTube, i click on a video , the video starts with an Ad. The ad is sometimes 10 seconds sometimes 20 sometimes 30 sometimes 60seconds and it does not let me skip at all unless i refresh the page then the video starts without an advertisement. Sometimes i have to refresh the page 3 or 5 times in order for it to start playing without an advertisement. However i used to open youtube back 2 or 4 months ago and when i did open youtube the videos i clicked started with no advertisements but i did not change any settings on the BRAVE SHIELD on the top of the page somehow on its own it started showing advertisements to me now. there anything else i should write to be more clear?

open YouTube, i click on a video , the video starts with an Ad. The ad is sometimes 10 seconds sometimes 20 sometimes 30 sometimes 60seconds and it does not let me skip at all unless i refresh the page then the video starts without an advertisement. Sometimes i have to refresh the page 3 or 5 times in order for it to start playing without an advertisement. However i used to open youtube back 2 or 4 months ago and when i did open youtube the videos i clicked started with no advertisements but i did not change any settings on the BRAVE SHIELD on the top of the page somehow on its own it started showing advertisements to me now. there anything else i should write to be more clear?

Can you clear the cookies and cache for youtube, then re-login to youtube. Test in private mode also.

2 Likes

@vladbojcev,
Additionally, what Operating System are you using when you see this behavior?

2 Likes

how can i do this step by step ?

windows 10 operating system updates autimatically

I’m having the issue just today. Yesterday it is fine.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Version 1.7.98 Chromium: 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3 Likes

i figured it out!!! all i had to do was clear the cache and cookies now its back to normal!!!

1 Like

Done this but issue still persists.

1 Like

then i am not sure sorry sir im new to this as well ! but my google account doesnt let me log in on brave but onn chrome it works fine so im stuck there too now when before it was fine

It’s happening to me now @@ how annoying. The ad play once a video and does not have the Skip button. Help me please!

2 Likes

4/23/2020 still running into this issue cleared internet history since all time mac os.

2 Likes

go to history top right cornery then clear all browsing data then clear"all time since beginning" make sure cookies and cache are checked off.

1 Like

Sorry forgot to mention I did this and issue persists

This worked for me - Settings/Additional Settings/Privacy & Security/Site and Shield Settings/Cookies and site data
Look at the websites listed under ‘Allow’ - there were 2 youtube references in mine. I deleted both then restarted Brave and it fixed the problem. I suspect looking at ‘All sites’ section might help too.

1 Like