Why CTRL + W does not work sometimes?

This happens quite a lot, actually, and just out of the blue.
I have to reboot the browser so I can work again (not for long).

Hi @leobraveforum,

Please also provide your:
Brave version, your OS, screenshot or record of the issue snd steps to reproduce it.

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

@leobraveforum,
This was an issue common in our older Brave Muon build which we have recently depreciated in favor of our newer (and much better) build:

https://brave.com/download

You should definitely switch to the new build. Along with all the other benefits, I can assure you ctrl+w will close your tab every time :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

I thought I was using the latest version (tried to update before posting but there were no updates available). Will download again then. Thanks!

Brave: 0.25.2
V8: 6.9.427.23
rev: 8ea2a9ce5ca329478186e6393e07f1cf87d34a22
Muon: 8.1.8
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Tor: 0.3.4.8 (git-da95b91355248ad8)
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 69.0.3497.100

Can you explain to me the difference? I installed this new version, things are very different.
Also, how do I keep up of these changes? I donwloaded that “old” version that I was using a couple of weeks ago, little by little I’m moving from Chrome to Brave…

Muon (the version you’re using) is fully updated. The newer build will be a separate install but will run in parallel with the previous version. That is, you don’t have to uninstall the muon build, nor do you overwrite anything when downloading Brave Core. In fact, you can import settings from the Muon build into the new install so all your information is transferred over.

You can get the new build on our official download page:

Oh, I understand now. This version looks much better indeed.
Do you plan to abandon Muon in the future? Why have 2 builds run in parallel?
Brave Core is this new build?
I was going to ask how to import my settings, but I’m still new to Brave, so, I don’t mind starting over, I haven’t fully transferred everything from Chrome to Brave. Now, I had a wallet with 25 BAT at Muon and now I have a new wallet… what should I do? Merge, if possible?
Thanks so much, sorry for all the questions.

@leobraveforum Brave core is the upcoming v1.0 that will replace the current Brave. Brave Unveils Development Plans for Upcoming 1.0 Browser Release, Including Transition to Chromium Front-End | Brave Browser

Brave core is just released few days ago, so new users will have the bew Brave. Automatic update from Brave-Muon version to Brave-core for current users is coming in weeks.

Currently, you’re not able to import or recover the wallet from old Brave.

As @eljuno said, we’re currently working on importing your ledger/wallet information into the new build from Muon.

Regarding why we have two installs, I addressed this fairly recently in a similar topic:

Let me know if any of this is still unclear.

@eljuno,

Why are both of you saying it’s impossible to import from Muon? As long as the user was smart (and anyone who wasn’t luckily now learned a lesson this time) and has the Brave wallet phrase they can recover the wallet and replace the new one (which is what I did).

And on top of that I love the new Chromium build so much BECAUSE of the considerations the team made for us Muon Brave users. If you go to settings you can import your bookmarks not from Chrome (but you can), not from Firefox (but you can), but instead from Brave (which refers to the old browser confusingly).

Either way it was pretty nice to go from Muon to Chromium within an hour and feel no difference in terms of my personal setup (bookmarks, wallet, settings, passwords, etc…). The only thing I lost was my current Auto-Contribute distribution but since the new system doesn’t contain Pins like the old system I can completely understand why.

There may have been a misunderstanding at some point on my part.

@Chugwig, you’re absolutely correct. You can backup your wallet info in Muon and restore it in the nw build:
In Muon: Open menu,Preferences --> Payments --> Gear Icon --> Backup Wallet
In Core: Open Menu, Rewards Settings --> Wallet Settings (gear icon) --> Restore Wallet

1 Like

Not a problem happy to have it cleared up!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.