Why claim option not showing

@AyanB214 hi, this is unrelated to this thread but I’ll try to explain you based on my limited knowledge.

there are two types of ads, sponsored images that appear in the new tab page and push notifications ads they appear in your screen as system notifications, the place they do it varies according to your S.O.

Sponsored Images
  • Not based on user interest. so every user in the same region should get the same ntp ad.
  • ntp ads appears every 4th ntp you open (when the browser just opened a ntp ad will apear at the 2nd ntp)
  • there isn’t a limit of how many will appear but you will be paid only 4/hour and 20/24 hours.
  • clicking on ntp ads past the limit are registered on the 7-day ad history but that doesn’t mean that you are getting paid for it (the ad counter doesn’t increase on these cases).
  • sometimes it could happen that you receive ntp ads that doesn’t appears in your catalog, clearing the cache of the browser with ccleaner/similar tools usually solve this.
Push Notification Ads

some ads has categories, while you use the browser it tries to classify every site you visit in one of the current categories. and according to that it calculates your “interests”. your region and operating system are also taken into account.
How Brave’s Ad Matching Works

They have various limits:

• the one chosen by you (1-5/hour).
  • the browser will only serve you up to 40 of these ads per day.
  • every ad has an hourly limit and a daily limit set by the advertiser. when those limits are reached the ad will not be served.
  • when the browser doesn’t find and ad matching your “interests” it will try to serve you an untargeted ad if available, if not then none ad will be served.

sometimes you can notice in the ad history the the ads have a tag [viewed, clicked, dismissed, etc.] those metrics are collected for the advertiser.

• it is said that closing/dismissing an ad too many times can cause that ad to stop appearing for some time – don’t know the exact time.

It is NOT necessary to click on them, the moment they appear, they will be registered.

you can check the ads available for your region here.

IMPORTANT: I was forgetting something very important, Avoid using VPN, it would seems like you can get a lot more ads – if your not in one of the main regions – but it can cause the browser to have errors confirming the ads views, loading the ad catalog, an also calculating the pending rewards… and it’s not ethical, but that’ts up to you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: on version 1.25.XX
now the ads limits are shared between all the profiles that exist within a brave intallation. this means that if you have reached the 4 ntp ads paid per hour in one profile the others profiles will not pay you within the same hour.

This was implemented because some greedy users were exploiting the ability to claim Bat in multiple profiles to abuse the system – it was said that some of them went as far as to have 50 profiles…

@mattches can correct me if I got something wrong. :grimacing:

4 Likes