Why can Rumble.com suddenly not be able to display on brave since a few days ago?

It has been a few days since August 28, any rumble.com link cannot be opened for no reason on the Brave browser.

Works for me (just checked an hour ago) . Linux Mint latest greatest, Brave latest greatest.

HTH

Hey, it works for me. Try turning shields off and see if that works. Cheers

How do you turn off Shield when there’s no on and off button on Shield?

What makes you say that? There’s literally an on/off toggle.

There’s one when you visit any website, click the lion, you see this. See the toggle next to where it says that Shields are up? That let’s you disable for a particular website.

Untitled - Paint 8_31_2022 3_25_44 PM

The other is from brave://settings/shields where you can set to disable it if you wish. Option is aggressive, standard, or disabled.

Untitled - Paint 8_31_2022 3_27_52 PM

Also, Rumble opens just fine.

I’m able to fully navigate around, watch videos, etc. Shields are enabled as well.

Are you still having issues @cutepug ?

Thank you for your info. I use a laptop so the Shield I see is different from what you show me. I just don’t understand why all of a sudden I cannot watch rumble.com without changing anything. I don’t know what will happen if I “disable” the trackers and ad blocking instead of keeping it in the “standard” setting.

No. I still cannot find what was the cause. I found this link to solve the issue but didn’t work either. https://techglimpse.com/dst-root-ca-x3-expired-certificate-error/

Could you share what version of Brave you are using (can be found by going to brave://version) and the Device OS you are seeing this issue.

Thanks!

Brave 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

OS Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1889)

Thank you for trying to resolve this issue for me. Your help is greatly appreciated! As I mentioned yesterday, I did not change anything before it stopped loading Rumble.com

Always happy to help.

Do you have any extensions or downloaded anything recently the like that might be interferring with the site/not opening links?

I’m unable to replicate the issue to identify what might be the case. 1.43 is now live, could you update to the latest and see if might resolve the issue?

Of course. But would you please guide me through how to update to 1.43?

Sure thing!

You can go to brave://settings/helpand it will bring up your About page. You’ll see a button that will prompt you to update and relaunch.

I just updated it. And it works now. Thank you so much for your help!!! You are a God-sent!

1 Like