Why are so many accounts Flagged?

Not true. I am on vpn at all times.

Just had exactly the same happen to me - I have my work and personal laptop hooked up to my Uphold and haven’t got a VPN or been doing anything else similar to what other people have stated.

I contacted them a while ago about a device reset but that didn’t go through - I’m not entirely sure what has happened but I’ve been trying every month for the last 3 months to get my work laptop connected. Now I’ve lost 8 bat it seems.

2 Likes

Having a VPN on is the only reason I could think of for why I’m “permanently flagged”. They won’t even tell me why I’m flagged…This is totally not worth the headache for just a couple bucks a month. What a disappointment. At this point, the Brave browser is only good for as a ad blocker; NOTHING ELSE.:frowning:

3 Likes

Same problem, in my case I’ve not received any rewards for months, since then I tried to contact the support team for help. Until a few days ago I got a response “Our analysis of your wallet has led us to determine it is flagged. Due to this, it will remain permanently flagged until it has been reevaluated by our system.” Waiting this long just for this is exasperating. This is definitely the worst support team I have ever dealt with.

1 Like

my brave account has been flagged from last 1 month as i also not getting last month rewards also

1 Like

Also flagged here and I have done nothing different or anything wrong so far as I can tell per the TOS. I have had no issues with Brave the entire time I have been on here and use my Uphold wallet with no issues. I noticed my wallet is not connected and when I reconnected I get this message. Really disappointing and not sure what to do. I have always watched and read the adds and thought the business model was awesome and have even signed up on several of the sponsors and now this happens. Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Me too

Another false flag. And my Creators account hasn’t recorded any earnings for months now.

I think I’m done with Brave. It’s not working. It just frustrates me.

Could they at least provide a list of things that trigger our Brave Rewards Profile to get flagged? Does the flagging have to do with having brave rewards on more than one device?

1 Like

I haven’t been given any ads in over a month. My account says it is ‘flagged,’ and the only reason I can think of is that I switched from my Uphold wallet to my Gemini wallet. How long does it take for the ‘flagging’ to come off? I’m not really seeing the benefits of using Brave. According to my security suite, it still has to block all kinds of things, regardless of which browser I use. I want to support this project, but ‘Show me the money.’ If you’re offering rewards, they shouldn’t be shut off for no apparent reason. And, the customer should have any easy path to fixing the problem, whatever it is.

1 Like

I want to comment to keep this thread alive. Their FAQ advice to keep checking back is vague and unhelpful. We have 3 computers in our household that use Brave and one of them is unflagged but the other two are flagged with no rhyme nor reason, aside from infrequent VPN usage. One of them was flagged only a couple of weeks ago without any change in usage pattern.

What gets my goat is their suggestion not to use a VPN yet they are clearly marketing a product that encourages VPN as a solution (https://brave.com/firewall-vpn/). Sure, it’s not the same platform but that’s still easily hypocrisy: we don’t believe you should be using VPN with our products… unless it comes from our Very Important Product division.

Ultimately, I just want to know why I have been able to connect to my Rewards in the past with my Uphold account but no longer and what I can do to rectify that. I’m sure Brave doesn’t ultimately care that much if they lose users like myself but I really do endeavour to support a company that I thought had its users interests at heart with its mutually beneficial rewards system in place.

TLDR; Flagging is an absolute black hole. We need some real clarity PLUS transparency for flagged accounts with clear calls to action for users and/or Brave support.

6 Likes

Still flagged after 3 months when trying to reconnect to Gemini, why can’t these guys get it together?

3 Likes

@cynical2k

We need some real clarity PLUS transparency for flagged accounts

Long overdue.

4 Likes

How is it going? I’m still flagged after at least 3 months… There is no possibility to change that, except to write it here. It is not cool that there is no clear restrictions what to do. Brave was always saying Ads should be paid to the users, but how if I’m not allowed to? Its not much. I want to support the idea of brave, but it feels like scam after 3 months…

Has Brave provided a solution/ETA for this yet?
Been flagged for a while.

@BatUser123 @Exiliuxir @garyeh @cynical2k and whoever else posted lately. Short answer is you need to create a Support Ticket if you’ve sincerely done nothing wrong and been flagged. You do that at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431

Also FYI, you may want to check out FAQ I made a while back and had been Pinned :pushpin: by Brave, which actually would have provided this answer and a lot more. You can see it at PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

2 Likes

I was happy with brave and bat, but now I see that a lot of us are being flagged with no reason.
SCAMM as celsius, luna, and so many others… what a shame
bad for crypto community, BIG to be used for bankers to attack the crypto world.

1 Like

I’ve been flagged now for over a month. Initially it was just on my devices where I was linked to my Uphold wallet. I just checked on my computer that is linked to gemini and it is now flagged too. This is total BS. I have not idea what I did to get flagged. If this nonsense doesn’t get fixed soon I’ll probably switch browsers. The Brave Rewards was the main draw for me when I was looking for a new browser.

1 Like

Ever stop to try to figure out what you’re doing wrong? Or to submit a Support Ticket as instructed in FAQ, by Brave Support, and in my post/comment above?

Hi yes, I actually just submitted a support ticket after reading this thread and writing my post.