Why are all my sync settings keep changing to disabled?

Description of the issue: Every time I go to settings, go to my sync chain, it shows that everything is disabled. I then click enabled on my selected options that I want to sync, then afterward I refresh the page. Usually, it will show that the options I have selected have been saved. Surprise! Every option I selected is disabled again, meaning that all of my sync options are disabled.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): Any setting you are able to change underneath the text that says ā€œSync Settingsā€ will not be saved, therefore nothing will be synced.

Reproduces how often: Every time. This has been like this for months.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Version 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question: Windows 10

Additional Information: This is a dumb issue that I canā€™t fix.

Silly question but did you install Brave with full Windows admin rights (not just as your local user)? Just a random thought.

Also are you trying to sync with an iOS device? If so see this thread (it may be a contributing issue): For well over a month now sync is completely broken iOS devices - plus other bugs with sync on iOS too. (iOS) If you have iOS please can you read

Otherwise what devices are you trying to sync with? It might help someone else to comment on possible cause or fix?

I have the same issue but on Linux with no iOS device involved.

@DankDoodles Could you solve the issue in the meantime?

@marec

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://sync-internals

You might find some useful info, there.

1 Like

@289wk Thanks for that hint. Indeed, it says a lot - especially that I am not signed in and I guess therefore sync is disabled. But I am wondering how I can sign in again ā€¦

@marec

A Sync Chain is linear - no ā€˜Tā€™ intersections with other Sync Chains. I mention that, because some people try, and get lost.

IF you are not using a computing device that has a camera, by which you could scan a QR code, then you will be copying and pasting a 24-word Sync Code phrase.

I recently consolidated every useful link (in my humble opinion), re Sync Chain setup, at:

ā€˜Sync chain problem - iPhone >< iPad - no option to add QR codeā€™

Do not fret, re the topic; instead, observe the principles. Requires study.

Yet, the links at that topic, will lead you to the answers, if you get lost.

TIP: When you set up your Sync Chain, allow only Bookmarks, for starters. In other words, keep the work load simple. Your objective being, set up the Sync Chain and keep it going . . . before you add work load.

ā€“

With all due respect, it doesnā€™t matter if I ā€œkeep the workload simpleā€.
There isnā€™t anyplace to input an existing Sync Code or QR code.
Not on my iPhone and not on my iPad Pro.
Period.
I donā€™t have a laptop.
As far as the brave://sync-internals/ - I have no idea what that has to do with anything since I canā€™t set up a Sync Chain in the first place.
ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Iā€™m at a complete loss.