Why are Admins closing tickets when issues aren't solved - estimated pending rewards

Why are Admins closing tickets when issues aren’t solved and sending the below copy and paste text? We know how it works, the issue is only half of what people have earned is going into the Feb payment and the other half is staying in the current earnings.

Please try and sort the issue and not cover it up. It makes Brave look very dodgy

Thanks for writing in.

When a new month begins, the display value of the current earnings will reset, and you will now see a countdown that tells you when your BAT earnings over the previous month will be arriving (for example, “+0.02 BAT arriving in 5 days”).

5 Likes

Hi @monty360,

It basically means that you earned from it, but the ads aren’t reconciled by the time the payment period starts. So for example, if you earn .05 BAT at the end of the payment period , that BAT may take a couple days to be reconciled (maybe “processed” is an easier to understand term) — which means it doesn’t actually count towards what you earned this month and you’ll instead earn it next month.

So the estimated earnings you’re seeing up until this point have included these BAT that were not yet reconciled — so when your final payout balance for the month is calculated, its a mismatch between what was estimated and what is actually earned. The issue I linked to above resolves this, such that it only shows fully “processed” ads/BAT.

Hope this helps.

But i’ve earned tokens at the same pace this month as i have any other month and this has never happened before and i’ve been earning tokens for over a year now so i’m not a newbie.

So you are saying anything i earned after the half way point of Feb has not been processed yet. Because i certainly didn’t earn 50% of my tokens in the last few days of Feb.

This is an issue / bug and its effecting lots of users and you can see from this board. Please please acknowledge that

Yeah i am facing the same issue

1 Like

Hi Steeven,

I am seeing the same happening. On a laptop I barely used last month I only received 7 ads in total, the last one on the 24th. I had .040 BAT as earnings during the month but now it says 0.01 arriving in a few days and 0.030 carried over to next month. Going through the ad history I see 6 ads which were either NTP or inline ads, and only 1 pop-up (the last ad I received last month on the 24th).

It looks to me like only the single pop-up ad got reconciled and the NTP and inline ads, the last of which was on 22/02, got left out.

I am obviously not bothered by the ‘loss’ of 0.03 BAT but there are too many instances of users reporting smoke for there not to be a fire.

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue

1 Like

@monty360 @CloggyAbroad please DM your wallet payment ID’s. Thanks.

@steeven I have DM ’ ed you , please look .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.