White flashing screen with opening new tab

Yes still the same flashbag everytime.

1 Like

I am having this same exact issue. As described, it happens about 35-40% of the time, usually always on older tabs that reload when clicked, or when opening new tabs. If I open multiple new tabs in a row, eventually it stops flash-banging and has a dark ‘night mode’ background as it reloads the tab.

I have the latest stable version of Brave running on windows 10, with Bitwarden, Ublock Origin, and OneTab as the only extensions.

@littleflower,
Can you try creating a test profile and check to see whether or not the behavior is the same when using the fresh profile?

wanted to open a thread on this very issue.
it’s still happening
my environment:
windows build
Version 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

System is set to dark mode in system settings [windows 11]
opening a new tab, opening a new link, opening any new favourite or bookmark has an initial white screen until the request is presumably made and the server replies
This flashing is annoying when you’re using dark mode for almost anything.
I thought nobody bothered to report it yet so it’s a bit dissapointing that it still hasn’t been fixed in so many months.

(Windows 10) Found a work-around for this problem .
The downside is that you won’t have the homepage anymore. I have Dark Mode turned on in the Brave theme settings, as well as the Dark Reader plugin.

• In the Appearance section, set home button to go to another website like google.com instead of going to the home page.
  • In New Tab Page section, set the new tab to go to the home page.

Hope this helps some people not get flash-banged. <3

I would hope to not skip the new tab page because some ads are only on that. There must be another fix. I get the white flash every new tab. gets very annoying. windows 10 also. I changed the background picture to a solid color and it helped. but still flashing once. not twice.

My Brave Browser:
Version 1.46.140 Chromium: 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The flashing screen occurs in my desktop’s brave browser too… It looks like a virus under a microscope. Looking a for a way to solve this problem as soon as well. It hurts my eyes, I can’t even see my screen normally.

May you guys fix this annoying issue, someone I know now has a permanent retinal problem due to this, this a ginormous threat to our eyes and it is also aesthetically bothering. Release Notes v1.59.122 (Oct 20, 2023) Chromium 118.0.5993.96
The problem is as follows, when I open a new tab there is a 3/4 chance that a fully white tab will appear for a split second then I get taken to the website I intended to visit or when I close the browser and open it later on, it opens with a white tab again that lasts a bit more than the first one I described; Trust me it is hyper annoying.