White flash when opening hyperlinks or new tabs on websites that have dark reader disabled

This happens for example on Youtube, Gmail or Reddit. Since Reddit itself has a built-in dark mode, I have the dark reader extension disabled on that page. When I open a link, there is always a little white flash that blinds your eyes especially at night. Is there any way this doesn’t happen?

The same happens if you press CTRL + T (open a new tab), first there is a white flash before it loads the new page. Thanks

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to a website that has dark reader disabled
  2. Click a link on that website or create a new tab (CTRL+T)
  3. Before it charges, a white flash will appear. It doesn’t always happen, but it does happen most of the time.

Expected result:
No white flash

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:
It doesnt happen with websites that have dark reader enabled.

1 Like

@f73dbb41248cec7eb00b,
This sounds to me like more of an issue with the extension itself rather than with Brave. I’m assuming that if you were to remove the extension, you would not see this behavior.

You can easily test this by removing the extension and checking to see if the behavior is the same, and/or creating a new temp. profile and testing to see if the behavior is the same using it.

I have the same problem and I’m not using the extension.

@dreamfinder,
Is there any way you can take a short screen recording of the behavior and share it here so I can take a closer look at the behavior?

of course. You can see the white flash when you open a new tab. https://imgur.com/a/LRyL9df

1 Like

@f73dbb41248cec7eb00b,
It appears that this issue has been filed already:

I’ve pinged some other team members to see if we can get an update on the progress of the issue as well.

2 Likes

Any news on this? Please tell us it will make it into the next release.

it seems not.
. There is no new news on this topic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.