Where should crash reports be posted?

I’ve had two crashes occur in BRAVE Dev & wanted to send the crash reports to the dev team (if interested).

What’s the best way to do that?

Both crashes were followed by a prompt asking whether the user wanted to ‘report’ the crash but that goes straight to Apple.

Copy-&-paste into a forum post would probably exceed the character limit of messages.

if you go to chrome://crashes you have the option top send crash reports (if enabled, which I believe they are by default).

@Mattches Thanks. I forgot that this came up previously.

No option to send a report appears on my screen at chrome://crashes.

I assume that means that ‘reporting’ isn’t enabled for my login ID.

Is that something I can change or does someone from Brave have to do it?

The option to enable crash reporting can be found here:

However, at this point in the development process, I would hold off on submitting crash reports unless they are requested by a team member. As we move forward, we will have Brave send them automatically as long as they are enabled.

> However, at this point in the development process, I would hold off on submitting crash reports unless they are requested by a team member. As we move forward, we will have Brave send them automatically as long as they are enabled.

OK.

But where is “Privacy and security”?

I can’t find it in Preferences in either the standard release or BRAVE dev.

It’s in Brave-Dev only.Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy and Security

@mattches I’m not seeing that first dropdown window. Is it from the ‘File’ menu?

If so there are many more options displayed on yours than I see on mine (on a Mac).

I see ‘Advanced’ in the standard release v. 0.23.107 (under “Preferences”), but nothing about “Privacy and security.”

Crashes in the Muon build are already sent to us automatically. The “Privacy and Security” option, in Brave Dev is located in Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy and Security

Are you able to see it now?

Are you able to see it now?

Sorry, I don’t. Where are you accessing that first menu (the one with New Tab at the top) from?

It appears to be the ‘File’ dropdown menu but I only have these options on that menu:

‘Settings’ (which displays near the bottom of your dropdown menu) isn’t one of them.

It’s the main menu button. Just like in the live release. On Mac, you can also open the Brave app menu and select preferences to get there as well:

It’s where you find all the good stuff.

@mattches Thanks, I see it now under the ‘Advanced’ subsection in Preferences.

The “main menu button” on my Mac isn’t the 3 vertical dots but a white upward arrow inside a green circle.

When a Settings option (like automatically send crash reports) indicates that it requires a ‘Relaunch’ does that mean closing out of and then re-starting Brave or something less than that?

When the menu has that symbol on top of it, it means that there is an update ready to be installed.

When the menu has that symbol on top of it, it means that there is an update ready to be installed.

Thanks. That’s actually all I thought it was for – i.e., an ‘update available’ notifications button.

As for ‘Relaunch,’ is it the same as ‘quitting & then restarting’ Brave?

If so, do you have to agree to an immediate relaunch when choosing an option that produces the ‘Relaunch’ notification, or if you choose not to select it, will the change still automatically take effect the next time you quit and then restart Brave?

Either way works, afaik.

Either way works, afaik.

Thanks.