Where are Brave Dev bookmarks stored on disk?

Am using Windows - where are bookmarks stored? Brave Dev has crashed & I need access to my bookmarks. Thanks

1 Like

@rui,
Is Dev still crashing on you? If not, you can export your bookmarks from the browser as an HTML file – Menu --> Bookmarks --> Bookmark Manager --> Menu (top right) --> Export
Otherwise, your bookmarks are stored in a file labeled session-store-1, but they’re mixed in with other browsing data recorded in this session file and may be hard to extract. I would recommend trying the export option if possible.

2 Likes

Dev loads, but stays minimized. I can’t maximize/restore it ie can’t view the browser on screen. So technically I guess that’s not a crash since it’s running. So obviously can’t export my bookmarks.
I’ll try the “session-store-1” option. But that seems weak. Brave should simply have an auto save option for bookmarks (user can specify how often/when to save) and of course should be a clean separate .html file. Thanks

update: So looked in the BraveSoftware folder/sub-folders - didn’t see any “session-store-1” file.

1 Like

The export/ import option is poor, since the imported bookmarks are all stored under a separate folder, called “imported bookmarks”. This is not an option to keep bookmarks manually in sinc.

@kerner1000,
You can drag, drop, copy, paste, rename and regroup all your bookmarks in the bookmarks manager – even the ones you’ve imported.

In Windows the Bookmark file is located at

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default

4 Likes

if you want to shift the book marks to chrome and can not find the bookmarks file
just create a new book marks folder in brave itself and drag the book marks file into the new folder and drag it into the the chrome bookmarks bar and over​:sunglasses::innocent::sunglasses::relieved::smirk::wink::grin:

thank you very much bro