Where are bookmarks stored in Windows 7?

I want to delete/edit bookmarks (not one-by-one). But I can’t find the file anywhere in the Brave folder. In fact, I tried uninstalling Brave but it didn’t do a clean uninstall.

@justtellme, is there an issue editing/deleting bookmarks using the in browser bookmark manager provided by Brave?

I can delete them one by one, I want to delete most of them (I imported from an old bookmark file)

Hi @justtellme,

You can try this:

• Open Bookmarks Manager (Ctrl+Shift+O or Hamburger menu > Bookmarks > Bookmarks…).
  • You can select multiple bookmarks. Click first bookmark and then hold Shift or Ctrl key and click the other bookmark/s.
  • After you finish selecting the bookmarks, you can right click > Delete selected bookmarks.

Hope that can help,
:slight_smile:

You think I haven’t tried that? Repeatedly? I have. Can you not tell me the location of the bookmark file?

@justtellme, @eljuno and anyone on the Brave team ask questions like that because we have to. There’s no way for us to know (without directly asking) what the user’s skill/knowledge/technical level is. Some Brave users are highly versed in the tech space - while other users may not know what a keyboard shortcut is or how to open a private tab.

@eljuno didn’t meant to offend you by asking about/offering the “CTRL + SHIFT” solution - he wanted to know if you’d tried it and (if not) make sure you knew how to do it. For future reference, the best way to avoid us asking you “unnecessary” questions is to provide us with as much initial information as possible. That way, we can dive straight into addressing the error rather than spend additional time pulling additional information out of you.

I hope you understand why this is necessary and we (as always) appreciate you supporting Brave. To answer your original question, if you’d really like to manually alter/delete your bookmarks, you can find them stored in a file called “Session-store-1” located in your Brave folder. You can find it by going to:
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Brave\Session-store-1

If you go this route, make sure you close Brave first before altering.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.