When will you create an OS similar to Brave? #CustomBraveOS

When will you create an OS similar to Brave? #CustomBraveOS

1 Like

You mean like chrome OS?

I don’t think this will happen for the mean while, they are still a small team.

Even though it will be cool to have a linux Brave distro with ads handle natively in the OS.

2 Likes

Custom Secure Brave OS is very good idea. Maybe open source project ? #Custom BraveOS

hybrid with secure hardware

1 Like

An Brave customized Ubuntu MATE fork (or even better, Trisquel) with native Brave rewards and improvements, would be a great idea. One feature I’d like to see in such a Brave Linux distro, is creation date for files. Right now, the Linux kernel doesn’t have support for file creation date (Linus Torvalds rejected it because developers on the Linux mailing list couldn’t agree over if it should be called cdate, bdate or something along those lines). If the Brave team could fork Ubuntu and solve the creation date issue, I’d switch to using an Ubuntu fork like this with Brave/BAT ads 24/7. I take time seriously, and it annoys me like crazy that Linux distros still don’t support file creation date.

Anyway, regardless of how they go about it with Ubuntu or some other distro, I’d be very excited if Brave released their own Linux distro. Chrome OS is not a serious, fully fledged operating system.