When will Brave create its own VPN service for desktop?

i don’t know why you’re still not adding VPN services for Brave desktop(windows 8.1, 10, 11)

you could partner with(or buy) windscribe and offer discounts for brave desktop users+ add more free locations, remove data limits…etc

The best way to attract users is by offering top tier vpn services, a “Brave VPN” with cool animations would have been indeed good… opera browser has vpn, now there is also itop private browser which comes with their own in-built vpn…

i’m quite sure you’re making lot of money right now, so why not invest money on high quality vpn tech and acquire 5,000+ servers ? (100 for free, 4,900+ other servers reserved for premium)

you could bundle VPN service alongside with brave talk, brave search premium.

i think High quality vpn and in-built screen recorder, smart screenshots features must be built into the browsers (idk why you’re not realizing that and keep working 24x7 mostly on the brave wallet features)

Take a break and work on introducing these features
Now a days, changelogs mostly deal with wallet features, hoping to see something new including refreshes on wallpapers daily (you’re not allowing me to add custom pictures on new tab and you yourself not adding new picutres, this is bad, please add new pictures every week)
thank you

@scavxo

You may get an idea, from the following progress of VPN for the Mac:

This is a 3rd party VPN which brave does not own (VPN functions under Guardian(vpn service) and brave just performs the role of intermediary)

i am looking forward to brave implement their own VPN or acquire windscribe tech(buy the company)

i don’t use any apple softwares/products so this solution isn’t the right for windows users…

Moreover, similar to windscribe & Veepn, there should be few free locations and not forcing premium( windscribe and Veepn has 10+ free locations, plus Veepn provides unlimited traffic which windscribe lacks to offer)

i want something cool from brave, Brave has the money to do it but it feels like they want to play it safe… Currently Brave, No matter how much they say it, it is only privacy focused browser but if they invest money, time, energy to have their own VPN (Just as in the same way of how they want to be independent search engine which they truly control), then brave will also receive the honour of VPN powered browser.

Brave has popularity and users now, so it’s time that they act fast to deliver a browser which is not only private but also helps people by delivering high quality VPN services.

@scavxo

So your topic title should be edited, making it:

‘When will Brave create its own VPN service for desktop?’

Alright, it’s Done :+1:

1 Like

I agree. It would be good if there was a permanent freemium version, but of course with limited possibilities such as online anonymity, circumvention of censorship and bypass firewall. Some other VPNs such as Hotspot Shields, Proton, Hide.me, TunnelBear, Windscribe, Speedify, iTop, AtlasVPN, etc they already operate in such a way, that is, they offer free versions.

Of course, this by no means means that a VPN should be completely free and unlimited (because it shouldn’t), but usually that way of doing business motivates users the most to buy a premium version. Among other things, a VPN can help users in whose countries cryptocurrency is not clearly or by no means defined by law, or for other reasons there are few Brave private ads there, to make their Brave Rewards more accessible and easier.

In almost all of the reviews I’ve read, the reviewers resent Brave Firewall VPN the most that there is no support for Wireguard and that the VPN itself is too expensive, but I don’t know how true that is…

Lately, I Stopped Expecting brave to release brave vpn for the desktop. they are obsessed with brave wallet features and i cant understand the motivation behind it.

Anyways, If you want Superb VPN Experience.

Here is my suggestions

1. Troywell (Super advanced UI, I feel like the ui designers of this extension is living in the future, it’s so awesome, check it out)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/free-vpn-for-chrome-troyw/adlpodnneegcnbophopdmhedicjbcgco

the creators of this extension are flexing financial muscles by offering so many locations and so much high speed, this is what i expected from brave but unfortunately for brave, it seems like the ios is the only relevant platform… i dont use apple’s software or products, i want desktop experience made for windows.

1. Neo VPN (Fantastic Indie option, Fast speeds, very Generous developer, I Love this Extension and developer also, its hard find something like this in these days)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/neo-vpn-free-vpn-proxy-fo/djnmclbegajogllkfbggkahbjijohgai

1. Veepn (Beautiful UI)
  2. Touch VPN (unlimited data)
  3. itop Vpn
  4. Betternet used to be cool before few years, but nowadays its so demanding for premium

I completely lost interest with windscribe as soon as i keep receiving this mail every month once

it has got superb ui but Degrading and belittling others by stooping to this level is not cool and unacceptable in my opinion, i uninstalled it even though i admit it was cooler extension.

brave should stop wasting money by giving it for online advertising (google, fb…etc) and invest it for value adding services like truly independent VPN.

A high quality vpn service , beautiful ui, ease of access features, moving away from chromium, Custom OSes, Antivirus focus will attract more users

You’re obviously much more into this than I am and that’s good.

VPN is not necessary, but apart from anonymity, it can also be useful to those in whose countries Brave Rewards are unavailable.

I have not heard of the first three that you mention, but Touch and especially Betternet should be avoided because the Touch is too slow and works poorly, while Betternet is known for built-in malwares and user tracking (logs policy).

The best other freemium VPNs are Proton, Hide.me, Privado, Atlas, Hotspot Shield, TunnelBear and Speedify.

By far, the best VPNs are Express, Nord, Surfshark and CyberGhost, that aren’t free, which is perfectly fine considering what they all offer. They are not expensive, but not everyone can pay for it.

On a number of topics, I suggested moving to a decentralized, encrypted P2P & end-to-endmodel that is becoming more popular, better and safer, and with it is significantly cheaper and easier.

yes touch vpn stopped working for me and i unistalled it last week, Betternet lost its specialness, extension isnt good anymore and yes uninstalled it few days ago…

My favorites as of now

1. Neo VPN and Troywell
  2. Veepn

itop would have been good but the devs only offer 3 to 4 locations…

i would be really happy to see Brave vpn and having some data usage statistics for independent sites, overall browser stats and overall computer stats will be very good

like this for example

1 Like