When Opening A Rewards Popup, Open a Tab Next To The Current Active Tab

Description of the issue:
When I am browsing on mobile and get a Rewards popup, when pressing the popup a new tab gets open at the end of the current tabs opened. By that I mean let’s say you have 17 active tabs and you get a rewards popup. When you select that popup, a new tab get’s opened at the “end”, meaning at the end of the opened tab list.

Let’s say you are on tab #2. So you press a rewards tab popup, that link get’s opened at the #18 place. So when you then close the rewards tab, you have to go all the way back to the tab you were at before, in this case #2.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Have a good number of tabs opened, say 5 or 6.
  2. Get a rewards popup.
  3. Press on the rewards popup.
  4. Observe where the new tab get’s opened. It should get opened at the “end” of your current tabs.

Expected result:
When opening a rewards link, a new tab should be opened the same way that opening a link from within a web page opens a new tab. That being right next to the active tab instead of all the way at the “end” of the currently opened tab list.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.14.1(19.12.05.18)

Mobile Device details
iPhone 6s.
iOS 13.2.3

Additional Information:
N/A

Edited “Expected Result” to be a little bit more clear.

1 Like

@JMOnlineiOS,
Thanks for reaching out. However, I’m going to move this to the Feature Request section on Community, if that’s okay with you :slight_smile:

I was going through which section this would be best put in. I was debating Feature Request or the Support page. Thank you for moving it into the right section :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.