When opened Brave does not maximize

bug
windows

When I start Brave the browser doesn’t take up the whole screen and I have to maximize it using the maximize button in the top right corner. I just want to know if this is a bug or user error? Thanks!

Minimized first open
Brave does not remember its window size after a restart
Minimized first open
Open in Maximized Window
Brave does not restore maximized

Hi @NewBreed117

Are you using Windows OS?

Thanks,
Lauren

Yes, windows 10 and it’s not a huge problem but I just wanted to know if this was my fault or if it was a bug or something.

Thanks for confirming @NewBreed117

Not your fault at all :slight_smile: We have an issue logged for this, it can be tracked here:
https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/8600

Thanks for reporting. Please continue to reach out with any questions or issues you encounter.

Lauren

Awesome Thank you very much!

I am curious why this has not been fixed in the latest update? It seems to me like it would be a simple thing to fix?

@deUzr The fix will landed in 0.20.x. Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile:

Well, I am definitely encouraged by the fact that there is an update every day these past few days. So far, no 0.20! :roll_eyes::+1:

@deUzr Currently Brave team are working on several 19.x hotfix before release 0.20.x (if not changed).

Temporary workaround is right click Brave shortcut > Properties > then set it to maximize.

Hope that can help until the fix is there.
Thanks for your patience.
:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.