When am I seeing a Rewards ad? Is it the news item that slides into view? Too confusing

Description of the issue:
Confused about what I’m seeing in Brave browser

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Open the browser, what appears to be a news article notification appears in lower right corner. Is THAT an ad? You should label it for context.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Actual result is confusion as to why I see news item notifications about retirement? I am retired, but this doesn’t look like an ad. Am I supposed to click it.

Reproduces how often:
Every time I open Brave.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Win10, latest Brave

Additional Information:
Brave must do a better job of labeling these unfamiliar concepts. I’m not talking about some explanation in a web page somewhere, but right there in the context where it’s being seen.

I’ve concluded that until these annoying ads/news notifications/or whatever they are are properly labelled as whatever they are when they appear, I’m turning off all of them. Come on Brave, explain yourself better. You may have a good idea, but if you can’t explain it and rather let confusion and ambiguity prevail, what’s the point?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.