What's the point of Other Bookmarks if they don't even sync to mobile?

What’s the point of hardcoded “Other Bookmarks” folder which if you place bookmarks in it, don’t even get synced to mobile device, iOS in my case. And it has been this way for ages and hasn’t bothered anyone. Which is just straight up bizarre design.

Google Chrome has the “Other Bookmarks” folder too, maybe it’s a Chromium thing.
Edit: Don’t forget the bookmarks bar folder as well, it also doesn’t get copied over for some reason.

Bookmarks bar is actually the default bookmarks folder. It’s just these Other Bookmarks that are weird and they just don’t appear on mobile device if you place bookmarks int here on a desktop. Which is just a weird design decision. There is this folder that you can’t even use if you expect bookmarks on other devices (mobile in particular).

The bookmarks in my “Other bookmarks” do appear on my phone, they’re just lumped together in the top level directory along with my “Bookmarks bar” bookmarks.

Well, they don’t for me. They just don’t exist on Brave for iOS if they are located in Other bookmarks on PC.

Hi Rejzor, I I can see ‘Other Bookmarks’ within my ios bookmarks menu.

They show now, but they are just thrown in the root of bookmarks instead of having “Other Bookmarks” folder like they do on desktop. Which is just weird and creates visual clutter…

They “fixed” the issue by entirely eradicating “Other Bookmarks” folder. What a way to solve broken functionality by entirely removing a function. WHY?! I liked the separation of bookmarks, allows you to have things organized. Now, EVERYTHING is in the bloody bookmarks bar. And I freaking hate it.

‘Other Bookmarks’ is still there dated Feb 15 2020

It’s not. The folder was just entirely gone on a new install of Brave. Unless they changed it back recently.