What to do when you move to different region?

Briefly describe your issue:

I moved to a new country and I cannot link my uphold wallet which is already verified because the place where I came uphold was not supported. What to do change your country in brave to be able link uphold

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)
Android 12; Build/SKQ1.211019.001

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)
Uphold

Are you in a supported region?
Canada

@Babzz I have an answer for you, but also a secondary thing to tackle to make sure you understand that just moving to a country isn’t good enough.

You reset your Rewards. brave://rewards or whichever way you want to go to it. You’ll see where it says can Reset. You do that, acknowledge the warning it gives about any BAT might be lost (if they still say that, it’s pointless as you’re not earning so you won’t care). From there, it treats your Rewards like it’s brand new. You choose a country and continue to the other steps.

People have phrased things like this in multiple ways. When you say Uphold wasn’t supported in the other place, do you mean that you had never created an Uphold account or are you referring to how you could not link your Rewards to Uphold?

The reason this matters and I ask is that the API that Uphold uses to communicate with Brave uses your passport to determine your country. In other words, if you created your Uphold account in a country other than Canada and submitted that country’s passport, then they would show you’re still in that country, even if you did a change of address with Uphold.

So I want to make sure you are aware that you will need a Canadian passport that has been submitted to Uphold in order for you to link. Otherwise when you go to connect to Uphold, it will say you’re from an unsupported country.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.