What really is the issue with WebRTC? Broken websites because of it

• https://www.msgsafe.io/login is another email based services like gmx and possible other similar solutions that either is broken, the buttons and certain pages within the site such as the login part which doesn’t either load or is broken.

It basically displays’ ‘MsgSafe.io requires JavaScript to function properly. Please enable JavaScript for your browser.’

Disabling fingerprinting does fix it but I was wondering how is a user to know if disabling the feature doesn’t compromise privacy completely, I mean I understand that the service may require it considering it provides 1:1 encrypted voice and audio and that WebRTC is the technology they optimize but since WebRTC came to light and being somewhat damaging to a users privacy when using VPN services, there’s been no discussion as to when it’s alright to use the technology and if it’s alright to use the technology even on encrypted platforms such as - MsgSafe.io - Mega.nz as well as others.

One thing I did notice when disabling 1 Fingerprinting is that another tracker appears which wasn’t there when Fingerprinting was enabled.

(2 Ads and trackers Blocked)

(1 Fingerprinting)

(When Fingerprinting is disabled - 3 Ads and trackers Blocked)

I remember I had a similar problem with Protonmail, possibly Tutanota, and Wire (the encrypted communications platform particularly the login bit of the web based service) but it seem to work now.

I apologize for keeping it long, I just can’t seem to keep it concise because there’s always other integral questions that arise.

Brave: 0.18.23
rev: 36ae2ec06efed0057ae16351108bf4d4c10a7ab4
Muon: 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.90
V8: 6.0.286.52
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.