What is Brave "LSP744"?

Hello.

When I download Brave Browser with Edge, the filename is “BraveBrowserSetup-LSP744.exe”.
But when I download Brave with … Brave, it’s “BraveBrowserSetup.exe”.

My question is :
What is this “LSP744” version ? Is there any difference with the “regular” version ?
(I have a desktop PC)

Thanks.

@Cyb Hi and welcome to the community.

I don’t have an answer but I did find another topic that is related. The OP also used Edge to download Brave. Wondering if this is something Edge does? Have you downloaded any other .exe files using Edge and do they also have “LSP744” (or anything else) added?

Thanks. Brave.com is the only website who adds “-LSP744” to the .exe’s

I checked the download file names on my system using Brave, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome and they were all BraveBrowserSetup.exe. My Brave and OS versions are:

Brave: 1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Can you please post your Brave and OS versions found at brave://version. It may help someone else trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Sure. It’s “1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Build officiel) (64 bits)” for “Windows 10 Version 22H2 (Build 19045.2006)”

Our windows builds are different. Do you have a windows update waiting to be installed? I wouldn’t think it would matter, but who knows!

You’re right, there are many updates waiting to be installed.

You should probably update to the latest windows version and then test with Edge again to see if you get the same results. I’m really curious now if there will be a difference. :slightly_smiling_face:

Updated to 19045.2364 and it’s still the same. :open_mouth:

Thank-you for the update. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully another community member or Brave support will pop in with more information. I’m really curious to know why this is happening!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.