Weird Google Sheets behavior - entire sheet changes to one color when trying to access a spreadsheet, this does not happen on Chrome. Video included

Description of the issue:
When I go to a google sheet on google drive, it looks normal. When I click on any cell inside the sheet, the entire sheet morphs to either yellow or white and becomes unreadable. All data is there, and I can modify the data.

On Google Chrome, I can’t replicate this behavior. I’ve also switched accounts. I’ve restarted, force quit, and checked for updates all of which didn’t solve the problem.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Open google sheet.
Click anywhere.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

[Here's a quick video of me doing this](https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T9COEdVaoXp9_Q0k9_LMpHysD-yHDQAP)

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Brave version 1.7.98

Additional Information:

Hi @CryptoBasicBrent, Welcome to Community!
Thank you for the video. That was very helpful!
I’d like you try a new profile test - can you create a new profile, visit the same sheet and see if you getting the same issue?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

I tried that and the behavior continued, this time with a black color on the sheet where white/yellow was before.

As an update to this, I have tried a system restore to last week and it did not solve the problem.

@CryptoBasicBrent,
Would you be willing to download one of Brave’s other builds to test if the issue also happens there?

I would, but I uninstalled chrome and it seems to have solved the issue. I used chrome only when brave has some issues with sites so I won’t miss it. Maybe there’s a weird overlap in processes or extensions?

I dunno but I guess it’s solved!

1 Like

@CryptoBasicBrent, happy to hear it!