Weird bing.com behavior

Only on iPad, if you go into bing.com and turn off the “See search suggestions while typing” you need to double-click to get the cursor into the search field on the bing page

1 Like

Hello @GabaHey

Thank you for reaching out and we’re happy to assist you. Could you kindly use guest mode to see if the issue persist? In the meantime, try switching your search engine to see if that changes anything, to do so, go to settings > search engine

Be waiting for your response!

By guest mode, I’m guessing you mean a private tab, and yes that’s the same behavior. And this is not related to the search engine, it’s only if you go to the bing.com page and use the search field on that page

Hello @GabaHey

Thanks for the information, I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards!

@GabaHey,
Thank you for reaching out.
Testing on my end, I do not see this behavior. When you say disable See search suggestions while typing, are you referring to the in-browser setting, or a setting on Bing.com?

The settings for bing.com

So I discovered this happens on ios/iphone too if you request the desktop page. And it’s resolved on the ipad by requesting the mobile page. So, that should help you narrow down what’s happening and fix it. Thank.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.