Websites Replacing Text With Gibberish

I hadn’t had any issues until around mid December, when I would go to access certain webpages, it would load all of the text as random letters, characters, and numbers. Even typing things in, they would change to different characters but would still allow me to login. Most notable are certain elements on Facebook (for example there are no errors until you try to get to the ads manager or another form), along with plenty of other websites, such as Fox News. I make sure my computer is up to date along with using the most current version of the Brave browser, however, the issue hasn’t improved, and doing my research I don’t see anyone else with this issue. I don’t think I’ve done something wrong, and I really would like to get this fixed so I can go back to only using the Brave Browser!

@ropesguy ,
That certainly is very strange. Can you try launching a private window and seeing if the text on those sites still appears garbled?

Private window did not change anything

@ropesguy,
Did you have any of your extensions running in the private window as well? I’m asking because it seems like an extension issue. Is Google Translate attempting to translate the page?
Let me dig around a bit and see what I can find out.

@ropesguy,
Can you try removing to Roboto font from your installed fonts on your system?

I removed Roboto from my font book and now I accessed those websites that I had been before and they’re no longer in gibberish. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

@ropesguy,
You’re very welcome. I believe it is an underlying Chromium issue that should be addressed in future updates. Thank you for reporting and don’t hesitate to reach out with any further issues or questions.