Website preventing ad blocker

Description of the issue:

Long story short, I got directed to a website that is preventing any access due to the ad block. I am not sure how many places are activating things like this but I wanted to let you guys know that there is something that’s preventing your browser from accessing content unless we turn off protections like ad blockers.

Exact URL of the website in question:

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

I think so.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Yes, once I shut it off it was able to load.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

I did not toy with it since everything is pretty much basic. It just seems like they have completely prevented anything that is an ad block

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

I don’t have chrome on this phone and wasn’t going to install it to make sure. However since it loads and seems to work perfectly if I have the ad blocker off, I’m going to guess everything would be fine on chrome

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.33 (21.12.14.16)

And no, there’s no way to close it except to turn off Shields. Also I guess I can let you know that I tried checking the box to where it would turn off Scripts. Turning off Scripts prevented the message from popping up but it also prevented from being able to click or access anything on the website.

The good news is I don’t use this website on a regular basis so I’m not worried about it too much. But I know that once you start seeing issues like this pop up it’s usually good to have people work towards it before it becomes a recurring and common issue.

Thanks in advance

A fix incoming, give it 48hrs for the update to roll out @Saoiray

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.