Website open crypto wallet page

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open up any article on forbes.com, for example the following URL: https://www.forbes.com/sites/passionoftheweiss/2018/01/04/blueprint-interview/#6ac807e59516

2. After page loads, a separate tab opens up with my Brave crypto wallets: chrome://wallet/home.html

Expected result:

Websites should not be able to open this page, why is this happening? forbes.com main site does not open this page.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.1.22 Chromium: 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

@mattkeaveney,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Do you have an in-browser Crypto wallet? Or is this happening to you without having added any wallet data?

No I don’t have any in-browser crypto wallets. It just opens the Brave page to set up a wallet.

@mattkeaveney,
This is because Forbes now allows users to pay for articles behind paywalls with ETH. To stop the pop-up from appearing – if you have no wallets added to the browser, go to Settings --> Extensions --> Crypto wallets and toggle this option off.

Interesting, but the articles I’m viewing are not behind pay walls. In any case that seems to solve the issue. It’s just a bit confusing when your crypto wallet page opens up unexpectedly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.