Website not a verified member to receive BAT?

I linked my website to my account as publisher. Everything seems to have linked correctly, but when I look at the sending tip portion, it does not say verified member like other sites do, and I also get a 404 broken link for referrals. I have already had a lot of friends send me BAT through the tipping portion, but I think not thing is working because there is some kind of bug preventing the Word Press site to link correctly as a Brave verified site. Anyone else having trouble with their Wordpress site and BRAVE BAT verified member site?

1 Like

Wordpress verification can sometimes fail due to hosting permissions being incorrectly configured. I recommend you give DNS verification a shot. If you need help, let us know!

how do you do a wp DNS verification?

When you add a channel and get to the “Verification Method” section, click the “Choose Different Verification Method” button on the top right corner of the dashboard. From there, choose the “Edit DNS records” option and follow the instructions there. Basically, you add the verification token text as a DNS TXT record. Let me know if you need any help. :slight_smile:

I tried to deleted the website from the BRAVE Payments account, but it wont let me and I cannot restart the verification method. Still getting the 404 error messages and my wordpress site is not verified. I can not access the DNS TXT. There has to be a better way or some type of good documentation to help people fix these issues and bugs because I have been trying tp figure this out for the last 5 days with no solution… Can someone else please help?

Can you explain by what you mean by “it won’t let you”? If you could send me a screenshot of your dashboard that would be helpful! Sorry you’re having these issues.

If you can’t do DNS verification, you can also try file upload verification. Here’s a tutorial:

Hi Asad, It is finally is verified today. Before the verifed check mark badge didn’t appear on the site, but it does now… there must of been some type of delay it the check mark appearing.

Thanks for sending me this video and looking into the matter.
A

1 Like

Glad to hear it! :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

@Asad
I want to tip individual Twitter users, not the huge corporation itself (it earns more than enough money of people’s data). How am I able to do so?

1 Like

Twitter tips to individual users is something we’re working on and will be available later on down the road. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.