Website Login not working

For some reason the American Express website stopped working where I cannot log in anymore.
I can load the page, put in the credentials and click log in but it’ll register and load but back to the log in screen again.
I tried turning the shield off, deleting all cookies but it doesn’t seem to work.
Using Mac OS 10.15.5

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
N/A

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @nahungry213, Welcome to Community!

Can you try creating a new temporary test profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

If it does not work in the temporary test profile. Can you try reloading the page but with all cookies allowed enabled. (while in the temporary test profile)

It works in the new profile window.
How would I go about making it to work in the regular window?

Can you confirm if it works in a new profile right off the bat, or after you toggle all cookies allowed?

It is on the same setting as the original profile, which is set on “Cross Site Cookies Blocked”.
It logs out and ends up with the same problem of perpetual log in window if “All cookies are blocked” so it does work in cross site cookies blocked and all cookies allowed.

When I come back to the original profile and change the cookie settings, it does not work regardless of what setting it is on.

@nahungry213, thanks for confirming.
Can you try disabling all of your extensions? If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue.

I only have Trello layout extension and that turning that on or off does not make a difference at all.

@nahungry213,
Can you try clearing your browsing data brave://settings/clearBrowserData, and seeing if that has any affect? And also resetting your settings brave://settings/reset ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.