Webpage latency performance

Firstly, why does brave prioritize privacy over webpage latency performance?
FYI, I’m not telling brave what to prioritize, and I don’t intend to tell brave what to prioritize. I have posted topics before on the importance of brave’s webpage latency performance. I don’t see it being brave’s priority. Instead, I see brave prioritizing privacy.
Secondly, I wonder why. Because if brave’s goal is to appeal to all users, then priority is webpage latency performance.
Thirdly and finally, why does brave not prioritize to appeal to all users?

1 Like

Could you be more specific about Webpage Latency performance?
If it’s referring to Page loading time then at least for me Brave is faster than other browsers most of the times. And also Brave’s mission is to protect privacy. Then comes the faster loading of pages. Brave prioritizes both. Hope this helps. Cheers!

The terms ‘webpage latency performance’ speak for themself. It’s as specific as I can get.
You repeat what I said, that brave prioritizes privacy.
I want to know why brave doesn’t prioritize to appeal to all users.

What I meant was that according to me Brave prioritizes both, WebPage latency and privacy. The page loading times are significantly shorter than other browsers.

You just said brave’s mission is privacy.
Brave prioritizes privacy over latency performance.
Besides, look at brave’s updates. When was the last update to improve latency performance? It’s clear that brave’s goal privacy is. I wanna know why brave doesn’t prioritize appealing to all users over privacy.

Not necessarily the truth. Brave has priorities on both ends, though privacy is the thing most users care about. This is why people are using VPN and many other things. We’re tired of having our data collected and sold by businesses, having our devices hacked or corrupted by viruses/malware, and so much more.

But to say that Brave isn’t putting a priority on performance shows you don’t know much of what your’e talking about. Seriously, try to research things a bit.

The results show that Brave is faster than Chrome on Android with a score of 250.97 against 217.56 on the Basemark Web 3.0 test. https://www.makeuseof.com/brave-vs-chrome-which-is-best-android/

And

Recent speed tests reveal a significant improvement in Brave’s speed. It is far superior to the one provided by Microsoft Edge, and it may be equivalent to the one provided by Mozilla Firefox.

Verdict

In terms of speed, Chrome is no match to Brave. Hence, this should not be up for any further debate. https://rigorousthemes.com/blog/brave-vs-chrome-which-is-better/

And

Out of three tests, Brave won two . The real power of Brave Browser is ad-blocking. It automatically blocks ads, which helps the browser to be faster. Google Chrome loads all the content on the webpage, taking extra time to load fully. https://www.mksguide.com/google-chrome-vs-brave/

AND

Now here’s the aspect where Brave takes it away in this Brave vs Chrome battle. Brave has been found to be faster than Chrome when it comes to loading webpages. Now Brave claims it to be eight times faster than Chrome, the difference is not that much. But yes, there does exist a considerable difference. I tested that on my own.

Website Tested Chrome Brave
fox.com 8:13 sec 6.12 sec
nytimes.com 8.42 sec 5.48 sec
youtube.com 3.5 sec 3.5 sec
Facebook Homepage 2.6 sec 2.7 sec

So, as you see, there is a minute difference between browser speed and performance and Brave comes out above Chrome. The difference might be bigger if Brave’s ad-blocker is turned on. https://wethegeek.com/chrome-vs-brave-browser/

AND

When it comes to performance, Brave renders pages slightly faster than Firefox. Using Basemark’s Web 3.0 benchmarking tool, which runs twenty tests on a web browser, here are the scores the browsers received:

• Brave: 647.47
  • Firefox: 635.54

The higher the score, the better, so Brave beat Firefox by a slim margin. https://www.techrepublic.com/article/brave-vs-firefox/

AND

So, which one is faster? I took two tests to find that out. Brave performed better than Firefox in both rounds. Here is the table displaying the results:

Test Firefox Brave
Test 1 3.51 Seconds 3.41 Seconds
Test 2 4.53 Seconds 1.3 Seconds

So I find it kind of interesting you’re saying there’s issue or speaking like latency is an issue. Brave’s performance outperforms on a regular basis. They balance the two and do have it as a priority.

Firstly, priority to a vpn too is latency performance.
Secondly, performance is #1 priority to appeal to all users. Otherwise chrome would never appeal to all users.
Thirdly, when I see the results on YouTube and Facebook, two of the globe’s top used websites, I see a similar total webpage loading time. However, a YouTube video page and video play on chrome loads within a split second. No matter if the total webpage loading time is similar, I know chrome outperforms on webpage latency performance. Because chrome prioritizes latency performance over anything. I’m not denying the test results. To appeal to all users, comes to a browser down to one thing only: which outperforms all others on latency performance? Chrome loads (popular) webpages within a split second.
When I see a brave webpage performing on latency, similar to chrome, then I know brave prioritizes latency performance over privacy. The test results do show brave improving on latency performance.
My conclusion: brave performs on privacy higher than on latency, which means brave prioritizes privacy over latency. So, why does brave not prioritize appealing to all users over privacy? Is it, because brave cares less for appealing to all users, than it does for keeping people’s identities hidden from the public?

Not true. You really should go back and research how we got to where we are now. Chrome began at a time when people weren’t worried or educated about how our data was being tracked and used. Privacy wasn’t really a major concern. So we went with the browser that looked best and had good functionality.

Google became big and, over time, people started leaning more to Google products. This resulted in everyone shifting away from Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo, AOL, and other sites/emails. The focus here became one of convenience, where you could install addons/extensions to modify the browser how you’d like, you could easily connect your email and other things together, have your data synced online, and so much more. The focus here wasn’t about how fast the browser was, but one of convenience and functionality.

As we get closer to modern times, we did see how Chromium was able to start going faster and was more secure. This resulted in places like Microsoft ditching their old browser and creating Edge, a chromium based browser. Yet Chrome kept the edge because people had gotten used to it, it came native on Android, and it just was overall convenient in how they could link their devices and even connect to things like Chromecast.

Evolution brings us to where we are now. Sure, we look at performance, but overall the new tend is about privacy. We’ve seen how companies are gathering data, tracking us in all we do, censoring content, and so much more. We also have ads tossed just about everywhere and viruses which are very concerning. Online banking is done more on a regular basis and people are also using cryptocurrency. With so much of our lives and money connected to the internet, it’s paramount we keep it secure.

And while it may not seem like much to you, Chrome is actually on a decline. In 2018 it was used by 49% of the US but in 2021, it’s 46%. And, quite frankly, that’s still not fully accurate as many places see Brave as Chrome, so it would be counted in the numbers.

All that said, what I’d really like to challenge you to do is to “put your money where your mouth is” so-to-speak. In other words, instead of voicing your opinion on what you THINK is better or what appeals to Users…why don’t you go pull and link to sources for it? You see how I did the same in my prior comment/post, sharing how it’s been tested and Brave has better performance than even Chrome.

Every browser is necessarily a trade off.
Trying to be all things to all people means mediocre.

Personally, I chose Brave for privacy even though I also use other browsers (for other than business).

1 Like

You deny latency performance being the reason for chrome appealing to all users. I’m just saying, that is an illusion.
Indeed, people use chrome for all things browser related. Because when a browser outperforms on latency, all usecases of a browser outperform on latency.

Problem is you’re not showing anything for that. In no way are you showing evidence that Brave is bad with performance. I showed you links to places that rated Brave the best. So go do your research

I already responded to your test results.
I don’t care for you denying latency performance appealing to all users. You need to go on about it, because you want me to agree on denying latency performance appealing to all users. Alright, only because if it means that you won’t go on about it anymore, I’ll agree that latency performance does not appeal to all users. Happy now?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.