Web page is blank when Brave Shield is activated

I’m using Brave Dev build Version 0.55.2 Chromium: 70.0.3528.4 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Here’s another example of a web page that doesn’t render whenever ad blocking is enabled:

I can think of 3 solutions to this kind of problem:

1. disable ad blocking and tracking prevention
  2. install an extension or script that would prevent a web page to check if ad blocking is enabled
  3. open the web page in an isolated sandboxed environment in private mode

The first solution above is the obvious and worst solution, so does anyone know if 2) or 3) have been implemented?

Or are there any other possible solutions?

Actually, if you simply enable the “Block Scripts” option, the web page should load just fine :slight_smile:

You may experience some strange behavior on the website, but it should be better than allowing all ads/tracking. If you encounter anything truly site “breaking” let me know and we’ll try and troubleshoot it.

The page loads but functionality is lost.

Apologies for the late response,
I’m going to do some asking around to see if we can find a fix/workaround for this. While I do that, can you elaborate a bit more about the specific functionality that you’re losing? I dont have an account, but I was able to navigate the website without issue while scripts were blocked.

I just tried changing the language from german to french by clicking on the “DE” letters in the top right hand corner and that wasn’t working.

Maybe if it was possible to subscribe to filter lists in Brave that would solve the problem. In the mean time, I’m giving the solution with tampermonkey a try, but that means users will have to keep scripts enabled.

UPDATE: I tried using tampermonkey with the Anti-Adblock Killer Script as described in the instructions on this page: https://www.maketecheasier.com/block-adblock-detection-website/

but it didn’t work.