Web page displays as black screen

Description of the issue:

1. OPen any page at this website (except the home pg): https://www.middleeasteye.net/
  2. Instead, after flashing the proper web page, the entire screen goes black
  3. Other browsers like Chrome & Firefox display all pages correctly

Expected result:
IT should open the web page
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.37.116 Chromium: 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest/)
Additional Information:

@richards1052,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
I’m not seeing this issue on my end — the site and all articles seem to display as intended when I visit the site.

Can you try visiting this same page in a Private browsing window and tell me if you get the same results?

THe site’s web pages do open properly in Private mode. Why would the non-private mode cause this behavior?

As an aside, I’ve tried the hardware accelerator option. It didn’t affect the display.

@richards1052,
Can you please try clearing cache/data for the site then test again in a standard window? Simply visit the site, hit the “lock” icon in the address bar, then Site settings --> Clear data. Refresh the page then test again.

Nope. Same problem.

I tried opening Brave mobile and don’t have the same issue there. Display works on mobile.

Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

Yes. I have quite a few. But I’ve had this problem before with Brave and any other browser. So unless an extension n was updated & generated the glitch or Brave was updated and did so, I don’t see how the extension could be the problem

@richards1052,
That doesn’t mean it’s not worth testing. You can try this by disabling all extensions or create a temporary new profile and test to see if the page appears when using the new profile.

1 Like

Thanks. I figured it out. It was the last extension I installed about a week ago:

Cookie Notice Blocker

Remove most of those annoying “We value your privacy” banners & cookie notices from websites.

ID: odhmfmnoejhihkmfebnolljiibpnednn

Inspect viewsbackground page

Will try to write to the author about this. Curious that it only happens on one particular site and not others. I’m guessing that only sites trying to display cookies notices will have this behavior.

1 Like

I imagine there are other affected sites that you haven’t discovered yet. Glad you were able to find the offending extension.

I spend a ton of time at various sites every day. This was the first behavior of this sort. It’s a shame because it was saving me the annoyance of filling out all those damn cookie approval notices.

But you’re right. It probably would do the same on any other website set up the way this one was.

Thanks again for yr suggestion.

You’re welcome. If it helps, I do believe we have plans to implement a similar feature into Brave Shields in the future

That would be great!! If I could vote for that feature to be considered, I would.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.