Weather Underground - WunderMap issues

The Weather Underground website ‘WunderMap’ appears to have issues working with Brave.

Note that, AFAIK, their heavily js website appears to be somewhat problematic, all 'round, with other browsers… so I am not sure what can be fixed from this end, for this particular browser.

Thanks for reporting.

Have you tried turning the shields off (Lion icon on top right)?

I thought I’d done all that (I’d turned off various filters), but I hadn’t.

WunderMap is marginally better, with the shields down. But still
sub-optimal. Which may have little to do with Brave itself.
There are still broken features.

Update: WunderMap is one of those web-page tabs which is hitting a relentless 100% CPU on its thread(s), while open.

Name Version
Brave 0.23.39
V8 6.7.288.46
rev 3ee14b0
Muon 7.1.6
OS Release 4.16.0-2-amd64
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Linux
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 67.0.3396.103

It used to have a lot of information all nicely accessible on one page. Then they changed the site design and now everything is in a separate tab, it’s slow as hell, and half the time when you click a tab it just breaks and doesn’t load. Why did they have to ruin their website? The mobile app is still pretty nice but the desktop site is almost unusable now.
______________________________-
UC Browser SHAREit MX Player

As was reported earlier (and closed without explanation), wunderground doesn’t work at all for me in brave any more. The basic page loads, but doesn’t complete, so none of my locations are listed at the top, and the tabs (like 10-day forecast) do nothing when you click on them.

Chromium works fine, so it’s something brave-specific. Is there anything beyond turning off shields that I can try?

Whatever the problem was with wunderground, it seems to be fixed now.

1 Like