Washington Post pages not loading

A few days ago, Washington Post pages stopped loading fully with Shields up. The home page is fine, but when I click on an article, about 80% of the page loads, so the bottom of the article is missing. After about 30 seconds, the “Page Unresponsive” popup appears. If the Wait button is clicked, the page keeps cycling for another 30 seconds, then the popup appears again. When Wait is clicked a second time, I get the Aw, Snap! page. No problem with other browsers, and the site has worked fine in Brave until the past few days. I have a Washington Post online subscription and am logged in. The articles load if I take Shields down.

3 Likes

Same here. Happens for both android and desktop linux. It says:

Error code: SIGTRAP

Me too. I love Brave but if problem is not fixed, I will have to stop using it. When I click into stories, the page will partially load then leave the rest of the page blank. Eventually, the “Oh Snap!” page will appear. I don’t have same issue when using other browsers. It’s extremely frustrating. There’s a definite glitch somewhere.

I am experiencing the same issue with the Washington Post. It’s frustrating, I’m relieved to know it’s not just me.

Well i’m on linux and also checked on my mobile, and i see it pretty well. In any case this case is courious.

@Mattches can you help here?

I am getting the same Page Responsive errors, sometimes accompanied in a minute or so by an out of memory error. I am using the latest Brave on several Windows 10 computers. All have the issue. This is very frustrating, but at least I am not alone.

I am having the same issue. NYTimes pages as well. I put it down to the huge number of ads that Shields need to process on each page; too many before timeout.

I do think it’s kinda silly that I need to turn my ad blocker off on pages with so many ads that an ad blocker is specifically called for.

D.

Thank you all for reporting – I’m taking a look at this now.

In the meantime – can every/anyone provide some more information on their setup? What OS and Brave version you’re using at minimum?

1 Like

@gleapman @matrixman @FAnderson @fuzzcub @ggroch @tourtelot

Windows 10 64 (Winver 2004 19041.450) - Brave Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

OSX 10.1.3.6 and Brave 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Doug

@gleapman @matrixman @FAnderson @fuzzcub @ambrocioisaias2808 @ggroch @tourtelot

I’ve up’d a fix, https://github.com/easylist/easylist/commit/6c3bce79ee4ea049291618bdb8f5f6d3472f76bd

Give it 24-48hrs for the fix to roll out.

3 Likes

I have a Samsung SM-T820 tablet, running Android 9

Detailed software and Brave info attached.

Get BlueMail for Android