WARNING: Uphold holds crypto hostage

Hello Brave users, I wanted to share a very real and serious problem with Uphold. Uphold does not “allow” (not supported) moving cryptocurrency to external wallets from many of the cryptocurrencies it shows it supports. DOGE coin is one of them. I learned this the hard way. You CAN convert your BAT to other cryptos, but not all the cryptos on their website can be sent to external wallets. Nowhere is it mentioned on their website that they do not support sending funds to external wallets. So, if you decide one day to cash out your BAT rewards to another crypto, you must only convert it to Bitcoin or Ethereum, both allow you then send those to your respective BTC or ETH wallets. DOGE coin you cannot.
So basically Uphold is holding all my DOGE crypto hostage because I can’t send it anywhere, unless I convert it to BTC or ETH and incur more transaction fees.
AC

4 Likes

@anthonycrawford I can give you a smart idea. But your external wallet must support DASH. So whatever crypto you have like BTC / ETH or anything, convert it to DASH via Uphold. Then send it to your external wallet from Uphold using the DASH network. Because network fee is incredibly too low as compared to other cryptocurrencies. After receiving your DASH in your external wallet, convert it into your preferred cryptocurrency.

we can send DASH to external wallets through Uphold ?

Have you tried their old interface accessible on either laptop or pc?

It utilized cards.

It is still accessible and far more robust regarding wallets

I do not know how long it will be.

Really though, this is a Brave issue.

They don’t need Uphold–they just thought they did.

Brave Rewards is like a X company or X credit card rewards program, except you do not know what your balance will be, and you get no reasoning to the amount you receive.

They pulled the reward amounts attached to ads from the ad tracker.

They award on the 5th, yet flush your browser ad data on the first.

They payout 70% to users.

200 ad views + nets you ~2 BAT.

So that’s .01 BAT per ad.

Average legit cpms on Adwords $1-2.

They no longer have to pay iOS users.

They’ve got quite a deliberate mess.

I can tell you I have converted BAT to XRP and sent the XRP to an external wallet on a few occasions with no problem. Well, some problems trying to figure out how to initially do it because Uphold isn’t intuitive at all.

1 Like

@harsh_sharma Yes actually.

I recently just withdraw all my BAT to Binance using the XRP network (fees were incredibly low). It arrived on Binance as XRP, once sold I can then repurchase BAT or any other crypto. DASH is also an option, I will check that out for next time, but I know in general the XRP fees are really cheap.

On a laptop or PC, go to Uphold.com via Brave Browser BAT icon.

It is the old interface. It utilizes cards. Try it?

But may I ask:

In the app you have “to” and “from.”

Are you saying that the Network Currency is not a choice in the “from?”

I ask only because I do not understand how you have an unsupported currency?

Or it could be that you figured it out, and this post was pre-learning, and in your post-ignorant state you’ve decided against any cred.

You can select DOGE in the FROM field. You can select DOGE in the TO field as well. However, currently, you cannot send DOGE “TO” an external wallet address. If you select DOGE in the TO field, after you press “Preview” there is no option to enter an external wallet address. I sent a message to Uphold support and they told me DOGE export to an external wallet is not supported. Only in-network currencies under the title “Crypto Networks” are you allowed to send crypto to an external wallet.

I convert the BAT to XRP to send to an external wallet. The commission (I don’t remember clearly) is one of the lowest Uphold offers for an XRP transfer to an ext. wallet.
However, I do agree, Uphold isn’t the best option around. Ridiculously high commissions for most cryptos and very inflexible with most other wallets for transfers.
Sadly, Brave only connects with Uphold. I really hope they provide a choice for other wallets. I would much rather get the accumulated BAT to my own wallet.
To be perfectly honest, the only reason I use Uphold is because the BAT gets accumulated there… I would never use Uphold for anything else other than that. I love my money (whatever little I have) too much to let Uphold gobble it up! :man_shrugging:

Tried it. That’s even worse than the other interface.

Change DOGE coins to XRP and move this currency to an external wallet. XRP has no commission for movement between wallets. Try to buy xrp when it’s low, wait for it to go up a bit to get the purchase commission back

this is what im doing, converting it to XRP is the best option. lower fees than dash.

Here are the instructions I used to withdraw from Uphold to Binance by converting the BAT into XRP:

https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043630691?mobile_site=true

imagine trying to send your BAT before ETH v2 later this Summer… those gas fees…

Okay. Wow. You’re issue is worth escalating.

But, and I say this with sincerity, at this stage, any worthwhile ICO is ventured.

All sign up and free earns are shites and giggles.

The entirety of it is speculation.

And the whole of the market for currency and value swaps exist as speculation.

Some are safer than others.

Personally. 2009. Ticker ONVO. Canadian OTC. $6k into $40k +, even after 35% ST Cap G Tax. I built a home-a 1500 open floor ranch with full walk out basement, in brick. Well, my $240k appraisal was a $80k Lending Tree 2.2% 6 year, because of sweat equity and cash $50k($6k).

I’m from poverty.

Good luck to any who feel me.

Imagine you pay the $30 dinner tab with your debit, and the receipt has a transaction fee of $18.

Haha.

If crypto remains in it’s current iteration, it is doing so because people are the (s) word not allowed on this site that ends in (d), and has a (p).

Scene 1, Act 1:
Visa; So, lawmakers, please let crypto exist…just do not provide any consumer protections.

Mastercard: Yes. That way we can legit raise our fees from the average 85 cents to $10…yet still be cheaper than crypto.

Amex: Ah huh huh. Silly cattle.

Crypto enthusiasts: MOO!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.