Warning in Windows event log for Greaselion/KComponent

Description of the issue:
Warning in Windows 11 event log for Greaselion/Kcomponent indicating corruption

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. This appears to be a native component of Brave and occurs at launch

Expected result:
Event log is free and clear of warnings or errors

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.28.83 Chromium: 92.0.4515.93 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Additional Information:

0x80000000000000

Application

XXXXXXX

-

[5840:17928:0716/060424.522:WARNING:chrome_content_verifier_delegate.cc(213)] Corruption detected in extension eoceebklhjepohnakemchinmkdpbolgh installed at: C:\Users\craig\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Beta\User Data\Greaselion\Temp\scoped_dir5840_1508694112, from webstore: 0, corruption reason: 1, should be repaired: 1, extension location: kComponent

I think this because one of the Extensions

Check for extensions here: brave://extensions and upload a screenshot over here for me to look for.

Thanks!

I canā€™t really see a specific extension which could be a problemā€¦ Before trying to find it, can you disable all the extensions and see if that Warning still shows up?

It will suggest if there is problem in the extensions or if its a completely different problemā€¦

Sure, Iā€™ll disable all and see if warnings still shows. Iā€™ll let you know.

1 Like

One thing I noticed is the event log is showing this extention ID: Corruption detected in extension eoceebklhjepohnakemchinmkdpbolgh

If I disable an extension, it shows the extention ID. However, none of my extensions are matching this ID.

Example:

The event log further shows this path: C:\Users\craig\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Beta\User Data\Greaselion\Temp\scoped_dir5840_1508694112

Greaselion is a Brave component from what I can tell but not sure if this is a script framework for 3rd party exts or native Brave functionality? https://github.com/brave/brave-site-specific-scripts

Let me know if you think this is relevant.

Thanks!

I too looked into it and I found in the net that this issue is also there in Chrome Browser so I donā€™t know a fix for it.

Sorry.

No worries. I donā€™t see any noticeable functionality problem, so perhaps it will be fixed in an upcoming release of Chromium. Thanks for checking, much appreciated.

:slight_smile:
Glad I could kinda help

FWIW, I saw this post and decided to add to it by saying

I am getting the same error in Version 1.27.108 Chromium: 92.0.4515.107 as well

1 Like

P.S Mentioned this thread in the Github report above.

1 Like

I have these same issues all related to kComponent

same issues here, i wasnt facing any issues but when checking eventviewer for another unrelated browsin issue saw these kcomponent errors:

only extensions in use are metamask & keepassHttpHelper
as below it mentions ā€œfeipjgjfhmnfhhmbkclfopokbcgnpnndā€ but i get 13 events logged every so often, and each extenion id is different

ā€œ[1356:11644:0827/131310.162:WARNING:chrome_content_verifier_delegate.cc(213)] Corruption detected in extension feipjgjfhmnfhhmbkclfopokbcgnpnnd installed at: C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Greaselion\Temp\scoped_dir1356_958495608, from webstore: 0, corruption reason: 1, should be repaired: 1, extension location: kComponentā€

Still happening with v1.29.76

Multiple notifications of this with different extension IDs all under Greaselion directory. Currently I show 8 different warnings. I only have one extension installed and its identifier is not listed in the warnings.

Version 1.29.77 Chromium: 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Here we go, a pull request that supposedly fixes the issue.

This is still happening though.

The fix should be available in Brave Nightly at this point. Developers have scheduled the aforementioned fix to land in 1.31.x - Beta, which is currently scheduled for 19th of October. Note that developers might uplift the fix for an earlier release, but thatā€™s not something I can tell.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.