Want to change magnet link behavior (Fedora 25, Brave 0.13.2, rev 25b1199)

torrent

Hello Brave Community and technical support!

Quick note: I really love your “New Topic Guidelines” being in the topic text! This helped me to check several places I did not know to check before asking for help. Thanks for the great product, and for the support!

Problem:
Not really a problem: When I click Magnet links, they are opened in the WebTorrent view with “Start” and “Save” torrent buttons. I could not find a setting to change this behavior.

Desired Effect:
I would like to be able to change the behavior of clicking on Magnet links to open my 3rd party torrent application.

In other browsers there is a “Default Applications” setting, where the application can be selected for email links, for example.

It would be great if there was a way to change the behavior of links such as these, but specifically, I would like to be able to change the behavior of Magnet links.

My system information:
Brave: 0.13.2
rev: 25b1199
Muon: 2.0.19
libchromiumcontent: 54.0.2840.100
V8: 5.4.500.41
Node.js: 7.0.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: linux
os.release: 4.9.6-200.fc25.x86_64
os.arch: x64

How I came across this issue:

1. Downloaded and installed Brave
  2. Opened new private tab
  3. Browsed to a torrent page
  4. Clicked the torrent Magnet link
  5. A new tabopened with a “Start Torrent” and “Save Torrent” button

Thank you all very much in advance for the help with this question / request!

Cheers!

You can disable the torrent viewer from extensions under advanced settings.

With it disabled when you click on an magnet torrent link it will ask you to associate the protocol handler. This way you can associate the handler to open magnet torrent link

This topic was automatically closed after 3 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.