Wallet(s) amuck

First time user of brave and I find that little to nothing about the wallet(s) work as expected. I started out of course with zero BAT, so first thing, I sent some from my offline storage - 1 BAT. Arrived fine (on the Crypto Wallets tab), but. not on the Rewards tab.
My Brave Rewards tab shows BAT earned from ads
Yet wallet is completely empty.
As the wallet is empty, TAP Network sees no BAT also.

Steps to reproduce: Install Brave for the first time. Send BAT to wallet, hit a few ads while waiting. Find a horrid mess. of conflicting information and no way to tell what actual wallet addresses are involved.

I would expect both the received BAT (from offline) and the Ads generated BAT to appear in the wallet. As of the moment there is nothing and the TAP Network also shows nothing available

Reproduces perfectly at a complete loss of BAT.

MacOS 10.15.4

OK, so, that was a waste of time and BAT, back to Chrome for now while waiting for more info on 1) HOW TO SEE WHAT WALLET IS REFERENCED BY TAPnetwork and reconfigure it if needed, 2) HOW TO SEE WHAT WALLET IS USED BY BRAVE REWARDS (FYI, seems the recover key has changed which I copied down upon installation and now shows a new word list, which could only happen if the wallet address changed.)
3 HOW TO CONFIGURE IN THE CORRECT WALLET WHICH HOLDS THE TRANSFERRED BAT (…OEef as shown in the Brave Crypto Wallets tab.)

Failing resolution, I can transfer back my BAT from Brave, I ASSUME.

Oh, wait, of course not… transaction fee sizes.

First, there’s a bit misunderstanding here.

brave:wallet and brave:rewards is not related to each others. That’s why you not see your BAT in your brave:rewards wallet and vice versa.

• brave:rewards balance can be managed via a verified Uphold account. And this balance is also used for the TAP.
  • brave:rewards is a wallet used to manage your Rewards activity – auto-contribute, monthly contribution, tipping, and Brave Ads.
  • while brave:wallet is a crypto wallet – like MetaMask – used to interact with Dapps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.