Wallet account names change after restarting Brave

Wallet account names change after restarting Brave
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open “Crypto Wallet” (built-in Metamask)
  2. Add more than 1 accounts to wallet
  3. Rename all accounts
  4. Restart Brave
  5. Only the first account name will stick, the other account names will be changed to default (e.g. Account2, Account3)

Expected result: All account names should remain after restart

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

2 Likes

Has this been acknowledged by anyone on the Brave browser side?

I’ve noticed exactly the problem, I thought that I was doing something wrong which is why I came here for a solution. Hopefully someone from the Development team see’s this and can help out

@culgin,
Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. I’m in the middle of filing an issue for this right now, but I also notice that you’re running version 1.12.114 – can you please try updating first and see if this problem persists? The latest version of the browser is v1.13.86 (at the time of writing this).

1 Like

MacOS 1.14.81 - same issue. Not seeing an update. Maybe Mac, maybe user, I will poke around. Thank you! With Uniswap and DeFi I would hope that you are seeing massive adoption of Brave. partner with Uniswap as official…

2 Likes

This issue still seems to exist

Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Still exists in Ubuntu [Version 1.15.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.75].
See https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/11705

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Very frustrating to have to rename accounts and re-add all the custom tokens.

Version 1.15.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Thank you all for reporting – note that we do have an open issue for this that the devs are working on presently:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.