Waiting for Cache keeps freezing my entire system

I moved to Brave from Chrome a few weeks ago and I’m seriously considering just moving back. I have had nothing but problems with it and cannot figure out for the life of me how to stop it from freezing everything in the middle of working. Almost every 5mins or so when I open a new page it freezes and has the “waiting for cache” message in the bottom left corner of the browser.

This happen with Chrome before and I did something inside of Chrome to stop it, I’m using an SSD, which is generally blazing fast with everything else. Computer never freezes or has any other issues until I started using this Browser.

Is there any settings I can change to stop this? It’s incredibly annoying and is now affecting my work.

When I open Chrome and use the same exact tabs, no problem at all. Same with Microsoft Edge and Firefox. Same exact tabs, no issues. Just Brave Browser.

I’d love to resolve this. I like the browser, but I cannot sit for 2-3 minutes at a time every 5 minutes or so all day, every day. It adds up quickly and is really pissing me off.

Do you have any extensions installed in the browser when you see this behavior? Additionally, would it be possible for you t share the URLs of the sites that you see this issue on so that I can test them on my end?

Hello.
Have the same problem. No matter if I enable or disable the add-ons. On other browsers, no problems. Turning off hardware acceleration doesn’t change anything. The problem occurs regardless of what pages are open in tabs.
Regards.

I disabled all of the extensions. The urls can be absolutely any. It’s happened on everything from the homepage of google, to facebook or a youtube vid.

@Heath,
There are a couple of things it could be that come to mind. Can you please create a temp browsing profile and see if you get the same slow behavior when using it? Make sure you close the original profile window before performing the test. If the browser performs better, let me know and we will go from there.

If the browser is just as slow as it was before, then I would try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue. You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I am disappointed there. Even in opera you didn’t have to be so miraculous. I turned on a lot of exotic extensions and it worked. The browser was supposed to be fast because of adblock and it’s slow because of some problems.

Edit:
It turned out that it works fine for me. It was the fault of Windows 10 upgrade. I’m sorry for the trouble.

1 Like

@Arkpra,
No worries – I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue.
Thank you for reporting.