VPN / Proxy Extensions better integrated in Brave

You’re welcome mate.

It was Zenmate’s anti tracking addon that blocked Zenmate VPN’s tracker (which I found quite hilarious).

By the time got a response from them in which they asked for me to supply proof, I couldn’t give them proof as I have stopped noticing them tracking me.

Well since they already invaded my privacy, they have lost my trust forever.

Hi mate, It’s nice talking to you about this as I know how you feel, I’ve used products in the past where simply customer service couldn’t give me an adequate response for something relatively simple given that they should be experienced in that field and unfortunately stopped me from using them any longer.

One other thing, if you’ve read some of the above dialogue and arguments from other users and myself, you’ll notice that we don’t necessarily all agree that these SPDY/HTTPS extension based VPN solutions are the be all and end all but a better means that nothing and also for a more securer and more efficient browsing experience.

Furthermore, you might have noticed that the list was originally slightly greater as I’ve advised that a couple be removed from the future Brave Extension WebStore, primarily because of security and privacy concerns but also principality which many carefully stipulate in the landing page of their own websites and I have to say that the solution you’ve lost trust in from my knowledge and other kinds of reports including their bug bounties, to this day haven’t broken their principality and thus I won’t be removing it from the above list like I have for several others. Hope you understand.

Its nice talking to you mate :slight_smile:

I understand bro, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Put nordVPN in there plz

It is there. I’m surprised so many people prefer to use the extension version of VPNs when their standalone / proprietary desktop app has more features as well as some other good benefits.

Cannot Agree Any More. The fact that users prefer browser extension knowing that it possesses risk of IP & DNS leaks as compared to the desktop client, is mind-blowing.

“Mind-blowing” :neutral_face: I think we agreed that quite a lot of customers just prefer to utilize something very efficient and secure enough that doesn’t necessarily have to encrypt literally every thing in and out and these solutions are really good for that. Actually they’re excellent for that because arguably quite a lot people don’t really fully acquiesce it’s potential or its overall benefit and just install it for other reasons such as throttling or a tidbit of information of how it creates another layer of security when shopping online and I think you’ll agree it’s a good way for them to educate themselves, especially for those that aren’t too technical and like something that “just works”, you know what I mean?

There’s nothing major damaging about these solutions and I believe most of them stand true to their security principal with the minor exception of what you mentioned about the occasional leak by some providers of which there as small fixes for.

Their updates are frequent and seamless, they’ve matured quite a bit and their technologies only get better, such as the introduction of HTTPS/2, WireGuard, not to mention TLS 1.3 which is relatively befitting that they came around the same time frame. (I should mention I don’t know which companies have implemented these yet)

VPN apps tend to divert all traffic to one single VPN server. Using browser extensions allows you to send different browsers to different VPN locations.

In some cases the extension itself will let you send different sites to different VPN locations within one browser.

There are many use-cases for a VPN or secure proxy which do not require you to tunnel all your traffic or where doing so is counter-productive.